2024 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t realize how many hardcore ‘desert racers’ there were here. I want a suspension that can handle crap infrastructure pothole roads, a HP motor and I love the Raptor stance and bodywork. I’ve got a feeling I’m in the majority, so what is wrong with some ADAS tech and creature comforts?
most of the og crew are the offroaders. this new generation is all about how they had to hop the curb at starbucks making the turn in the drive thru.
Enough with the Raptor tech stuff Ford, how about bringing back the Scab!
im tired of the tech crap too. however scabs are an annoyance, i pick them all the time.

and if my ass is vibrating one of two things happened. either @Oldfart snuck in my truck or i just sharted.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm with the guys on here wanting tech. I off-road quite a bit....and drive fairly far to get there. I would love bluecruise, but probably wouldn't use massaging seats. That said, bluecruise isn't that great over the CoPilot 360 from my experience.

I enjoy a lot of the tech in these trucks. Plenty of it is useless as well....but I also enjoy power windows and Carplay which plenty of people seem to complain about having.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm with the guys on here wanting tech. I off-road quite a bit....and drive fairly far to get there. I would love bluecruise, but probably wouldn't use massaging seats. That said, bluecruise isn't that great over the CoPilot 360 from my experience.

I enjoy a lot of the tech in these trucks. Plenty of it is useless as well....but I also enjoy power windows and Carplay which plenty of people seem to complain about having.
Tech is great ... when it works well. Problem is that so much of it is half-baked. It works just well enough to be really annoying. It's a pickup truck. I want reliability, first and foremost. Second priority? Reliability. :)

raptorzz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You want this, they want that. You know what i want… I just want my raptor to be scheduled jaja

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could easily do with or without the tech, I use my truck for work which is on dirt mine roads, BLM roads, and 100+ highway miles each way so the Raptor comfort and tech is just a great blend of capability and technology for me. Definitely feel the disparity between the NYC crew and the Baja guys on this forum though.

Zybane

Reaction score

Lol imagine roll up windows in 2023 on an $85K truck.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol imagine roll up windows in 2023 on an $85K truck.
I remember my first truck having roll up windows and manual locks. It sucked.

FOr me, the biggest tech/convenience advantage of the g3 over g2 is wireless Carplay haha.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I remember my first truck having roll up windows and manual locks. It sucked.
Don't forget three on the tree and a 4.54 rear end. Oh, and the gas tank behind the seat. And no seat belts. At least mine had a 12V electrical system and the starter was activated by turning a key, rather than using that pedal on the floor. Ah, the good old days. Definitely there is good tech and bad tech. Windows? For the first ten or so years of electrical windows, they sucked. Now they're probably more reliable than manual cranks. Mature tech that works? Bring it on. Some software weenie's wet dream? Not so much.