2024 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget three on the tree and a 4.54 rear end. Oh, and the gas tank behind the seat. And no seat belts. At least mine had a 12V electrical system and the starter was activated by turning a key, rather than using that pedal on the floor. Ah, the good old days. Definitely there is good tech and bad tech. Windows? For the first ten or so years of electrical windows, they sucked. Now they're probably more reliable than manual cranks. Mature tech that works? Bring it on. Some software weenie's wet dream? Not so much.
my second car was my first truck and it was a 350, 3 on the tree 67 chevy. leaky gas tank behind the seat. damn I loved that truck. I have been hunting for one that isn't too expensive or not needing a complete restoration. the hunt continues

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
my second car was my first truck and it was a 350, 3 on the tree 67 chevy. leaky gas tank behind the seat. damn I loved that truck. I have been hunting for one that isn't too expensive or not needing a complete restoration. the hunt continues
Mine was a '62 Chevy with the 283. That thing was hell for stout. Except for the transmission. If would fall apart every 60k miles. I have to admit that I like my gen 2 more, tech and all. :)

BoonieUno

Reaction score
My 2023 Raptor has the eye sensors on the door and dash that are needed for Blue Cruise (My 21’ Lariat had BC). Did the 2022 have that as well? Seems like all the tech is there, just need it turned on. I’ll be honest, I enjoyed the adaptive cruise better than the Blue Cruise.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2023 Raptor has the eye sensors on the door and dash that are needed for Blue Cruise (My 21’ Lariat had BC). Did the 2022 have that as well? Seems like all the tech is there, just need it turned on. I’ll be honest, I enjoyed the adaptive cruise better than the Blue Cruise.
I believe all Lariat Ultimate+ and trims above are equipped with those sensors. Raptor has been left out of Bluecruise because of width regulations at this time. May be updated in the future. Bluecruise was almost more work in my '22 Platinum than the adaptive + lane assist anyways because of the eye tracking. So I'm fine without it

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any "self driving" that requires hands on the wheel or eyes on the road is totally worthless.

That's sort of the problem with self driving in general. We're in the between stages where between drive it yourself and actual self driving where it's more trouble than it's worth. Unless you just enjoy the drama of making something more difficult than it needs to be (I do not), or have some actual need for advanced crusie control (I rarely do), it's best to just wait till self driving actually arrives, if it ever does.

You could argue that EVs are similar. They have the promise of actually being better than ICE vehicles to consumers, but numerous issues that make them a problem for many and worse for society in terms of infrastructure cost. it's best to just wait it out and see if it actually "arrives". I am doubtful that it does.

Zybane

Reaction score
Any "self driving" that requires hands on the wheel or eyes on the road is totally worthless.

I totally disagree. Having owned a hugely varying type of vehicles, including many off-road vehicles and Tesla's, it's a very nice feature to have.

I traded in a Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, as the reduction in comfort and terrible highway character wasn't worth the off-road chops. Even though that truck was well aligned, the work load to keep in the lane with the solid front axle and numb steering was pretty crazy. Road trips were not fun. If it had adaptive cruise with lane centering like my Raptor does, I may have considered keeping it.

Of course the Gladiator was also small inside and had a TERRIBLE seat though. For long road trips and going to and from the trail-head, the adaptive cruise with lane centering on my Raptor (even though I simply lay my hand on the bottom of the wheel) prevents me from making hours upon hours upon hours of small steering corrections. Leads to a more relaxed drive and more refreshed arriving at destination.

You can uh-hem, also trick the system for a hands-free experience.

clemsondds

Reaction score
Did anyone notice the door keypad is missing on the new '24 model? Maybe they just left it off the preproduction trucks. Anyone know anything about this? I would love for them to drop that

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Did anyone notice the door keypad is missing on the new '24 model? Maybe they just left it off the preproduction trucks. Anyone know anything about this? I would love for them to drop that
Not me. I've been known to lock my keys in the vault when I go hiking.

clemsondds

Reaction score
Not me. I've been known to lock my keys in the vault when I go hiking.
Well where we are at, we always use the ford app if we want to lock keys in. But yeh I understand how it could be helpful. I’ve had my raptor for 5 years tho and have yet to use it. It just dates the look of the truck. But I really didn’t mean to get on here and argue the pros and cons. Just wondering if anyone had noticed they weren’t on the doors at the reveal the other night.