2023 Torsen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess my biggest question is, how does this affect the AWD and Baja settings? These are the two I use the most other than normal.

In addition, how would the 2023 electronics work with the added torsen diff?

Last edited:

James O

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was looking at a used 22 model when I got mine and was really wanting the used one for the glass roof and 2K generator but backed out after looking at carfax which had severe body damage.
Knowing the Torsen was gone may have pushed me to keep looking for a 22 model but too late now.
Probably wont ever actually need it around this area but still wanted it.
What is the part number for the Torsen diff only?

Wichadicha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the electronics will have any issue. The Torsen will work as intended and the electronics will kick in if they sense a condition where they would have kicked in without it. Ie, one wheel full in the air with zero traction (Torsen would act like open diff in this situation). Obviously just my opinion.

Hotrod-Realtor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think the electronics will have any issue. The Torsen will work as intended and the electronics will kick in if they sense a condition where they would have kicked in without it. Ie, one wheel full in the air with zero traction (Torsen would act like open diff in this situation).

Ford should combine the electronics with the Torsen.

Chazzersgarage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm under the impression that Ford felt they could replace the Torsen by changing the load on individual wheels through the electronic braking. So the super duper electronic braking expense is offset by the Torsen Delete. The Torsen is still available from Ford Performance. I'm supposed get my 2023 new week. If I don't like the way it works I may have it put in.

Jeddler

Reaction score
Guess I got lucky in waiting for my 2022 for so long. Order was accepted May 2022 and was built January 29, 2023. I think I would've missed the heated steering wheel more than the torsen diff though lol