2023 Torsen?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

James Dean

Reaction score
I did a build and price for a Raptor 35 on the Ford page. I didn't see the Torsen listed. Is it still an option for the 2023 year?

Zybane

Reaction score
Just to confirm, my 2023 Raptor 37PP has a Torsen front diff? I don't see it on the window sticker anywhere.

EDIT: Looks like none of the 2023+ trucks have a a Torsen in the front. I thought I read the prior year trucks optional package that included the Torsen was rolled into the base 2023 Raptor. So epic fail on my part with researching. I cannot believe I bought an open differential truck, feel like a ******* moron. Now I have a truck I regret purchasing. :mad:

I wonder if it would be possible to retrofit. In hindsight I should have went with the '22 that had the Torsen and heated steering wheel. But it didn't have the 2kW Power Pro I wanted.

Last edited:

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just to confirm, my 2023 Raptor 37PP has a Torsen front diff? I don't see it on the window sticker anywhere.

EDIT: Looks like none of the 2023+ trucks have a a Torsen in the front. I thought I read the prior year trucks optional package that included the Torsen was rolled into the base 2023 Raptor. So epic fail on my part with researching. I cannot believe I bought an open differential truck, feel like a ******* moron. Now I have a truck I regret purchasing. :mad:

I wonder if it would be possible to retrofit. In hindsight I should have went with the '22 that had the Torsen and heated steering wheel. But it didn't have the 2kW Power Pro I wanted.
You still have a winner; don’t sweat it.

Zybane

Reaction score
You still have a winner; don’t sweat it.

Uh no, I have a 2WD mall crawler truck. In any remotely challenging terrain, having a locked rear and open front means you have a 2WD truck that will get stuck super easy. Open diffs become worthless. I went from a Wrangler Rubicon to Power Wagon to Gladiator Rubicon, all with front lockers... even told my girlfriend going from the Gladiator Rubicon to the Raptor "at least it has a front Torsen", willing to trade off the front locker for a Torsen for some comfort gains with the truck.

To find out Ford stealthily removed the Torsen off all '23 Raptors (not just R under the guise of "more power") to cut costs, AFTER I buy the truck, it's my fault, now I have a ~$93K "off-road" truck that I have little confidence off-roading in. Ford got me good.

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Wow- I knew the R didn’t have the Torsen (because engineers felt the truck didn’t need it), but I thought it was still an option on the EcoBoost versions. This surprises me!

04Ram2500Hemi

It's Just a Username
Reaction score
Uh no, I have a 2WD mall crawler truck. In any remotely challenging terrain, having a locked rear and open front means you have a 2WD truck that will get stuck super easy. Open diffs become worthless. I went from a Wrangler Rubicon to Power Wagon to Gladiator Rubicon, all with front lockers... even told my girlfriend going from the Gladiator Rubicon to the Raptor "at least it has a front Torsen", willing to trade off the front locker for a Torsen for some comfort gains with the truck.

To find out Ford stealthily removed the Torsen off all '23 Raptors (not just R under the guise of "more power") to cut costs, AFTER I buy the truck, it's my fault, now I have a ~$93K "off-road" truck that I have little confidence off-roading in. Ford got me good.
I get your frustration. On the plus side, I’m guessing you could trade your Raptor for MSRP and get a loaded new Power Wagon and have some extra cash in your pocket.