2023 New Raptor and Missing Options - Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called, said I have replacement climate control knobs I’d like them to install. They said no problem, it should take an hour. I dropped truck off with the part on front seat and picked it up later that day. service mgr told me they had to reprogram to get heated seats and wheel working. Handed me invoice, 1 hour labor charge. The original part was sitting in front seat.
This is the craziest thing I've read on this forum. A dealer understood what you wanted, agreed to do the work and delivered it to you in a timely manner at an honest price. Freakin' nutz!

Is it crazy that I expect that not to happen more than I expect it to happen?

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the craziest thing I've read on this forum. A dealer understood what you wanted, agreed to do the work and delivered it to you in a timely manner at an honest price. Freakin' nutz!

Is it crazy that I expect that not to happen more than I expect it to happen?
And it’s exactly why I asked…..sadly

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I called, said I have replacement climate control knobs I’d like them to install. They said no problem, it should take an hour. I dropped truck off with the part on front seat and picked it up later that day. service mgr told me they had to reprogram to get heated seats and wheel working. Handed me invoice, 1 hour labor charge. The original part was sitting in front seat.
Damn, you have a sweet dealer! I suppose one will never know unless they ask, right...

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The part came in from eBay. $114 shipped.
The seller "graceautoparts" has it up for $132.50 w/free shipping right now.
It had no scratches and was packed in brown paper in a medium size box. No OEM box or plastic wrap on it.
The heating wheel and heated/cooled seat buttons didnt work when I plugged it in.
So as the OP stated I had backed up the HVAC control module in Forscan before removing the original and after I (load\write all) everything worked.
Removing all the trim was the biggest PITA but it turned out well.

Thanks OP.

IMG_6726.jpegIMG_6727.jpegIMG_6728.jpegIMG_6730.jpeg

Last edited:

BaseModelRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Now that I think of it I didn't need to back up the config. Forscan has an option to download the factory settings so I could have plugged in the new HVAC module and choose as built setting and Forscan would go out and download the file I need. After that (write all) and be done.

If you've made other HVAC changes you have to back up the module and restore. In my case I didn't.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The part came in from eBay. $114 shipped.
The seller "graceautoparts" has it up for $132.50 w/free shipping right now.
It had no scratches and was packed in brown paper in a medium size box. No OEM box or plastic wrap on it.
The heating wheel and heated/cooled seat buttons didnt work when I plugged it in.
So as the OP stated I had backed up the HVAC control module in Forscan before removing the original and after I (load\write all) everything worked.
Removing all the trim was the biggest PITA but it turned out well.

Thanks OP.

View attachment 418424View attachment 418425View attachment 418426View attachment 418427
Thank you, I haven't gotten the green light OK from my dealership yet, but based upon you guys providing the good rep for the seller, I went ahead and made the purchase. Now, I can work out the install.

My only issue is that i don't have a windows OS computer available, so I don't have Forscan available myself. So other than the dealership, I"m not sure I have anyone that can program it? Can an iphone or ipad be used for this?

Last edited:

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for this post. It motivated me to finally order (some of) the parts. I ordered the control piece with readouts (off of eBay for $140) but I'm having a hard time finding the steering column housing. Do you mind sharing where you got it from or double checking the part #?
Thanks!

Any other parts I need? Or just those 2?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter