2023 front bumper question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
I purchased my truck 2 weeks ago. I had a rpg level, wheels and tires put on thru the dealership (they used a third party company to do the work) and took delivery. Loving the truck so far, but couldn't help but look at it the other day and realize the front bumper is not on or adjusted correctly. Is this something that is easily adjusted? Anyone else had an issue like this?

Thanks

20230411_165345.jpg

ToadSmasher2K1

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s easier to fix in your driveway than getting the dealer to do anything.

Drop the skid plate and there’s just a few bolts on the back. Loosen the bolts and lift up, retighten bolts.

I used a floor Jack to apply just enough pressure to hold it while I tightened the bolts.

clyon

Reaction score
Is your front plastic piece under the grill loose at all? Mine is and have the same problem. Took it to one dealership which told me they could not fix it because they don't have a body shop.

OP
OP
W

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
Is your front plastic piece under the grill loose at all? Mine is and have the same problem. Took it to one dealership which told me they could not fix it because they don't have a body shop.
I haven't gotten under there yet. I will try here in a few days. The wife already said to buy a new bumper anyways.....sooo ADD here I come

ford73

Reaction score
I fixed my bumper today. My right side was 1/2inch from fender flare to bumper. Left side was 1inch. The plastic painted piece in the middle was off too because of the grill. Still working that out. Ford is a ford. Garbage

My bumper was extremely crooked.
IMG20230415130212 (1).jpg

Anyway here is how to fix the bumper

Remove the skid plate. Very easy. Always be careful with aluminum screw and nuts. Very easy to overtighten.

Once skid plate is removed unscrew the 3 bumper bolts on the back side. Make sure to do all 3! The 2 on the outer side is not enough. See pictures below

IMG20230415171716.jpg

IMG20230415171711.jpg

Loosen the 3 bolts. Then wedge something in the bumper to raise it. I used a 2*4 with a rag to prevent paint damage. Use a hammer to beat the 2*4 in place and raise the bumper
IMG20230415171633.jpg
Then tighten the bolts. Its about a 20 minute process.

The center piece under the grill is still not straight but its not related to the bumper. Just Ford crap. Im massaging the the plastic straight but still 100% better then it was

IMG20230415184040.jpg

Bumper is now straight in relation to the fender flares and ground. I also took the flares off to get them sprayed black (vinyl) and also going to spray bumpers black as well. Why Ford thinks grey matches this car is beyond me!

ford73

Reaction score
Bottom line is this thing is a truck. Nothing lines up. But for $80k you would think the kids on the assembly line would take pride in their work. Ridiculous these leave the factory like this. A drunk sailor could see how crooked this bumper was