2023 Forscan Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am pretty tech savvy, i used to use Vagcom for VWs/Audi's. It's really the same thing. I am going to attempt the Glare Free this weekend but your suggestion of swapping saved files is a good one!
Lemme know! Good luck and go slow!
I’m getting ready to buy a forscan. Which forscan would be best? I saw a couple on Amazon. Any inputs ?
FORScan isn't on Amazon. The adapter is that is ODBII on one end and USB on the other. FORScan extended license is on FORScan website.
I have the same one and can recommend this. You definitely want a wired connection here, not wireless.
Absolutely wired connection!

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have a 2023 w/ a June 2023 build date and am receiving the error, "Unable to identify vehicle. Please contact developers." I have the OBD2/CAN tool below and have updated the drivers (Windows). I understand there may be a Beta version of FORScan for post-2022 vehicles? I'm running FORScan v2.3.54.

Last edited:

BAJASVT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
UPDATE:
1687536022231.png
If I enter the p/n of the PCM in the example (5L3A-12A650-AYH), it will connect, but asks if I want to save the profle of the vehicle as a 1993 F-150 5.4L 3V... which that engine didn't exist in 1993. :) Not sure if I should proceed.

1687536172865.png

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
So I contacted the Forscan support team and they sent me a beta version of their software. It did the trick. "Glare-Free" shows up as an option on the Sync screen, but its super bright outside right now and I haven't been able to get the "Green A" to show up (assume it only turns on at night?)
Were you getting an error making the APIM changes which prompted the Forscan support request?

EDIT: I get the same error programming the APIM, I will definitely need the Beta version!

Last edited:

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started with messing with Forscan on my 2023 Raptor (3/2023 build). Been able to do a lot of changes, but had a few issues I can't work around:

1. "Enable Cameras at Speed" everything was already set to what Livinitup recommends (from the factory), yet no forward camera at speed.

2. "Glare Free" I am unable to edit the APIM codes no matter what I do. It freezes at 0-50% and the error code I get is "Gain security access failed - security key is wrong."

Any ideas if these features are just unavailable on my truck?

Thanks! Cyrus
I had an issue with the glare free. I signed up for the paid forscan subscription/support. They sent me a custom file. After that I was able to make the changes with no issues.

laramie1pt8t

Reaction score
I had an issue with the glare free. I signed up for the paid forscan subscription/support. They sent me a custom file. After that I was able to make the changes with no issues.
Yep, I did the same thing, just sent me version 55 and it worked perfectly, Glare Free enabled!

OP
OP
C

cfmistry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys got it; it seems the newer 2023 trucks need the Beta version of Forscan. Probably due to a software update in the APIM.