2023 Ford Raptor R orders will open after debut.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of little things about the release of the R makes me think that Ford, or their employees anyway, didn't really want to make this. The marketing is on the smallish side. The interviews with program manager, etc are not kind of bland. The MSRP makes it out of most people's reach. I think they would rather be working on Gen 4.
Right - took too long to make, way over the price of its competitor by thousands, nothing really changed as far as looks.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A lot of little things about the release of the R makes me think that Ford, or their employees anyway, didn't really want to make this. The marketing is on the smallish side. The interviews with program manager, etc are kind of bland. The MSRP makes it out of most people's reach. I think they would rather be working on Gen 4.
Yeah, my impression of FMC is that a large percentage of their white-collar staff are woke little retards. And I mean that with all due respect to woke little retards. :)

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, my impression of FMC is that a large percentage of their white-collar staff are woke little retards. And I mean that with all due respect to woke little retards. :)

I wasn't even thinking politically. I'm just thinking this was side project that the was thrust on the team to get out in a year, without changing any deadlines on their other projects. And it's not like Ford is really doing this for profit or to make a better product either. Ford is selling every Raptor they make regardless, and no one is really going to use that extra HP on or off road...except for a few extreme cases.

Yoshi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't even thinking politically. I'm just thinking this was side project that the was thrust on the team to get out in a year, without changing any deadlines on their other projects. And it's not like Ford is really doing this for profit or to make a better product either. Ford is selling every Raptor they make regardless, and no one is really going to use that extra HP on or off road...except for a few extreme cases.
Raptor R is bargain at 111K. It's only 35K for an extra 130 pound-feet of torque. Chump change for most on this site.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Helio's review. Too much hp/torq for the suspension. And stock brakes. By comparison, Porsche, BMW, Mercedes, (and most of the exotics), offer brake upgrades and the owners are happy to pay the difference. Why shouldn't the ultimate production truck join them and offer Alcon-level braking along with the big hp? Has anyone in Raptor World ever complained that their truck stops too fast?

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That, too. I agree.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the truth doesn't sound good, you lie. And "we're playing catch up to RAM" doesn't exactly sound good. There's no way the R would exist without the TRX.
Doesn’t matter how and why it was finally done. The fact is it happened. Companies will normally play catch up when a rival ‘one ups’ them if they feel it’s worth it financially.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think most people ( myself included ) who order the R and will actually use it will modify it somewhat anyway and they know that. I also think they had to be realistic with how many special parts different from the 3.5tt 37 package they could get produced in enough numbers that all dealerships get one and large ones two or so. Bigger brakes are tough unless you go with 20 inch wheels, iam sure there could have been improvement with 18s however and kept enough sidewall w 37s. I think with just an engine swap they could have kept it at 100-105k, but it basically a fully loaded 37 pp which are pushing 90k now anyway. They will build enough to re coup the investment and hopefully it is at least a two year run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khunter