2023 Ford Raptor R orders will open after debut.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully we can order these Monday. Dealer called me yesterday and said I can have first one since I asked last June when I ordered my Gen 3 37pp. They said sticker as long as the my get my Gen3 trade in. Pretty damn excited. I could care less if it is “just the engine” and R emblems, that is all the truck really needs and probably all they can do to produce a few thousand of these. Yes hydro steering, bigger brakes, 3.5 inch shocks with a bed cage, Supercab would be nice but that won’t happen. I could see them putting some heavier arms in the rear and upgrading the rear end at most for better durability, it will need it.

Five-O Donut Hole

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After all those years of the naysayer’s stating Ford will NEVER put a V8 back in the F150 Raptor….“We’ve heard our customers demanding the sound and power of a V8 back in Raptor,” said Widmann.”

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After all those years of the naysayer’s stating Ford will NEVER put a V8 back in the F150 Raptor….“We’ve heard our customers demanding the sound and power of a V8 back in Raptor,” said Widmann.”
When the truth doesn't sound good, you lie. And "we're playing catch up to RAM" doesn't exactly sound good. There's no way the R would exist without the TRX.

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the truth doesn't sound good, you lie. And "we're playing catch up to RAM" doesn't exactly sound good. There's no way the R would exist without the TRX.

A lot of little things about the release of the R makes me think that Ford, or their employees anyway, didn't really want to make this. The marketing is on the smallish side. The interviews with program manager, etc are kind of bland. The MSRP makes it out of most people's reach. I think they would rather be working on Gen 4.

Last edited: