2023 37PP Shock problems?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmog

Reaction score
I have a 2023 37PP Raptor. I bought it brand new a few months back. It is my daily.

I have just over 6000 miles. From day 1 it road like a luxury car on the road barely ever feeling any bumps. I always had all the drive settings (steering, shocks, exhaust) on normal mode.

Just yesterday coming home from a college graduation (about 300 mile round trip mostly highway) the thing started riding like a regular F150 XL with leaf springs. I felt every bump and the truck bounced. It got a little better if I put the shocks in off road mode.

Any ideas why it would start bouncing a lot more just all the sudden?

OP
OP
J

jmog

Reaction score
What are your cold tire pressures set at?
Was 36, got warmer in Ohio so it had got up to 39/40. Someone else mentioned that to me so I lowered it back to 36 this morning and that seems better so far. Never would have thought just a couple psi would be that different.

I know door sticker says 36, is there a better setting for a smoother ride?

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Was 36, got warmer in Ohio so it had got up to 39/40. Someone else mentioned that to me so I lowered it back to 36 this morning and that seems better so far. Never would have thought just a couple psi would be that different.

I know door sticker says 36, is there a better setting for a smoother ride?

Yes. 34F 32R, some run 32F and 30R. I would suspect that tire pressures were your problem.

OP
OP
J

jmog

Reaction score
Yes. 34F 32R, some run 32F and 30R. I would suspect that tire pressures were your problem.
Thanks, just for my own understanding, what’s the reason for lower than the 36 recommended and why lower in the back?

Not questioning you, as I will definitely do it today if it works, just want to understand why.

Also, how low is too low before problems like bad tread wear and other things happen?

RPG9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tire pressures are not his problem. I’ve had both of my rear shocks replaced under warranty with similar mileage on my 2022 37 PP and the truck still doesn’t ride right. Every bump I hit and the truck rides like a dump truck…. Haven’t taken it back into Ford, but will reach out to them about the BCM code. Thanks @blwn.