2022 Rumored to have a 5.0 ecoboost V8?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MookeyB37

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don’t know if this is true or not but my dealer pretty much just told me that I won’t see my truck until next year and it will be a 2022. Which means no Leadfoot… but he said, look on the bright side, the 2022 regular raptor (not the R) is rumored to be getting a 5.0L EvoBoost V8

This is the first I’ve heard this and honestly I think it’s a load of crap. Anyone else hear this?

Reaction score
So I don’t know if this is true or not but my dealer pretty much just told me that I won’t see my truck until next year and it will be a 2022. Which means no Leadfoot… but he said, look on the bright side, the 2022 regular raptor (not the R) is rumored to be getting a 5.0L EvoBoost V8

This is the first I’ve heard this and honestly I think it’s a load of crap. Anyone else hear this?
I heard there will be a color change in the lineup (losing Leadfoot and Velocity Blue and adding Atlas Blue Metallic), blue interior is now an option independent of 37 package and the twin panel moonroof and power tailgate are a bundled option. I'd doubt a new powerplant until R comes.

RaptorWhoSaysNI

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you currently have a VIN it will be built as a 2021.