2021 Ford F-150 Raptor order guide confirms 3.5L EcoBoost V6 as base engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah... the impact resistance could be a concern; I doubt many platinum customers are doing Raptor stuff.
Still, worth the potential extra worry.

I call you out with that presumption my good man.

You don’t think a Platinum customer
Would hop a curb at the Starbucks drive through?
I owned a 2015 Platinum and a 2019 Limited before I bought my Raptor. I will say, that I have driven over a curb or two at the Starbucks lol.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I owned a 2015 Platinum and a 2019 Limited before I bought my Raptor. I will say, that I have driven over a curb or two at the Starbucks lol.

That’s why Starbucks put the curbs in; specifically for the Ford Raptor. They let other trucks do it sometimes too.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Nice man! I like that.
Black rifle is now competing for our business. They let me set up pose racks and park the Rap on them. We should talk to them about setting up Raptor only lanes where we can use 4lo and maybe snatch out stuck priussies.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black rifle is now competing for our business. They let me set up pose racks and park the Rap on them. We should talk to them about setting up Raptor only lanes where we can use 4lo and maybe snatch out stuck priussies.

the words “snatch” and “priussies” go so well together in this sentence.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score

Slightly off topic, apparently they are pretty anti-gun - freakin hypocrites. ModernSurvivalist did a good expose on them.

Back on topic, here's the press release:

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2021/02/03/2021-ford-f-150-raptor.html

Of note is SuperCrew and 3.5 Eco only, until we hear details of the Raptor R next year. Wonder if it'll be a SuperCab with a V8 as a throwback to the original.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Can you say $85k MSRP?

active valve exh. is going to be 1500 - 2k alone, it’s already on the Mustang GT. 37’s and year to year increase, plus all the updates to the suspension?

This one’s going to be a pretty big increase in cost I think.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Ford does make the V8 for the Gen 3 raptor, it will probably be one of the last new production vehicles in the world with a V8. Pretty sad to think, With the democrats controlling all aspects of government now, they seem to think vehicles can run on fairy dust and not gas. V8's and pretty much all ICE engines are on their last leg unfortunately.

Ford has confirmed the V8 for the R

krww06

Full Access Member
Reaction score