2021 Ford F-150 Raptor order guide confirms 3.5L EcoBoost V6 as base engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fordraptorrrrrrrr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a time not too long ago, when stealerships only got so many Raptors per year. I imagine when and if the R comes out, it will be somewhat limited for a while and carry a hefty markup.
If you shop at a POS dealership, definitely avoid those places.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a time not too long ago, when stealerships only got so many Raptors per year. I imagine when and if the R comes out, it will be somewhat limited for a while and carry a hefty markup.
Lets hope not. Hopefully they will give us current Raptor owners a fair shake for already buying an expensive truck from them. Especially if we buy from the same dealer.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Lets hope not. Hopefully they will give us current Raptor owners a fair shake for already buying an expensive truck from them. Especially if we buy from the same dealer.

True and you would hope they give current owners a fair deal and priority. But money talks and most dealers will milk all they can out of them. I’m basing it on history on performance sort after vehicles.

Raptor R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
True and you would hope they give current owners a fair deal and priority. But money talks and most dealers will milk all they can out of them. I’m basing it on history on performance sort after vehicles.
Very true.

To be fair, I have a solid guy I deal with. We also don’t know when these new Gen 3’s will be even available for order and delivery.

Steve stock

Reaction score
Car and Driver is as legit as it gets. Very credible! Supercharged V8 is real! I will be buying it.
Car and Driver is as legit as it gets. Very credible! Supercharged V8 is real! I will be buying it.

The CEO of Ford seemed to confirm the availability of a V8 based on his like to this comment on his post !

3F2C93B8-90AA-44F7-B805-5B5EE83A03B5.jpeg

7ECE2D84-8F6F-49B0-9A7F-9E10EF4A74C9.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don't think that's the case. Platinum's come in 4WD as well, and if there was a big concern there, I would think they would take massage seats off anything in 4WD

Yeah... the impact resistance could be a concern; I doubt many platinum customers are doing Raptor stuff.
Still, worth the potential extra worry.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah... the impact resistance could be a concern; I doubt many platinum customers are doing Raptor stuff.
Still, worth the potential extra worry.

I call you out with that presumption my good man.

You don’t think a Platinum customer
Would hop a curb at the Starbucks drive through?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
honestly, platinum drivers are only a couple steps above minivan drivers. Hop a curb indeed.