2021 F150 Build and Price-No Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also read that the regular aviator is 5100lbs and the hybrid is 5800lbs so not sure how that would work out with the F-150 weight wise.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also read that the regular aviator is 5100lbs and the hybrid is 5800lbs so not sure how that would work out with the F-150 weight wise.

My wife wanted to get an Aviator. So we first saw a hand built hybrid specimen of the crossover to come at a car show. This was a couple of years back. Great looking vehicle and was told TQ would be 600+lbs-ft. She had a quick hybrid currently, so I was like this maybe the one to hold out for. Needless to say production was delayed for months. So we purchased the 3.0TT. Later on I found out the hybrid which isn’t about gas mileage, but more performance. Just wasn’t that much faster than the non hybrid. The increase in weight cancelled much of it and the price was quite a bite more.

So a hybrid is a tricky thing because of the weight it brings. So does a V8 to some extent. A 700hp GT motor would clearly make the Raptor a champ and keep it lighter weight lol

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Maybe I have high expectations, but I'm picturing 500/700

sounds good to me

should be AT LEAST 500hp & def 700lb/ft if they’re generating 494/630 outta the Aviator w/ a 3.0 & it’d make sense to have your halo offroad truck have a good bit more oomph than a uber luxury SUV w/ similar drivetrain

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My wife wanted to get an Aviator. So we first saw a hand built hybrid specimen of the crossover to come at a car show. This was a couple of years back. Great looking vehicle and was told TQ would be 600+lbs-ft. She had a quick hybrid currently, so I was like this maybe the one to hold out for. Needless to say production was delayed for months. So we purchased the 3.0TT. Later on I found out the hybrid which isn’t about gas mileage, but more performance. Just wasn’t that much faster than the non hybrid. The increase in weight cancelled much of it and the price was quite a bite more.

So a hybrid is a tricky thing because of the weight it brings. So does a V8 to some extent. A 700hp GT motor would clearly make the Raptor a champ and keep it lighter weight lol

GMs LT1 V8 & fords HO 3.5 weigh almost the same Just for comparison....all AL V8 w/ a SINGLE camshaft & no turbos will help keep weight down

the aviator also has a lot more heft in general w/ all the tech/luxury/sound deadening etc

I’m thoroughly convinced the next raptor will be power boost. Period. No V8

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
should be AT LEAST 500hp & def 700lb/ft if they’re generating 494/630 outta the Aviator w/ a 3.0 & it’d make sense to have your halo offroad truck have a good bit more oomph than a uber luxury SUV w/ similar drivetrain

Somewhat true. But what Lincoln does In a crossover doesn’t necessarily translate what goes into a truck. Your also talking a pretty expensive crossover.

What it does say, Ford as a whole is making or can make very good power with these V6 TT’s and coupling it to an electric motor really amps up the power. I know Fords history and Ford produces engines with low end torque. In a truck especially, torque is king.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
GMs LT1 V8 & fords HO 3.5 weigh almost the same Just for comparison....all AL V8 w/ a SINGLE camshaft & no turbos will help keep weight down

the aviator also has a lot more heft in general w/ all the tech/luxury/sound deadening etc

I’m thoroughly convinced the next raptor will be power boost. Period. No V8

Im inclined to agree! The tech can get them there powerwise and still keep them moving forward.

I’d be really shocked but not totally surprised to see them even offer a V8. If power is there from the PB setup, there would be no need.