2020 Explorer Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daxton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really? I have an I pad and smartphone for traveling and they freeze up enough and don’t really want it glued into my off-road truck with no hard buttons to push and GOD NO on the rotary shift dial!

mezger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No thanks. I buy performance vehicles, not i-pads. I prefer to make vehicle commands from muscle memory and receive tactile feedback.

The last thing I want is more blue light in the cab when driving at night.

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with everyone here, I don't drive performance vehicles to have a TV or a massive screen in the dash. Hell I don't even have TV's in the rear for my kids. the entertainment is supposed to be the driving not watching a screen.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not bad; The current 8 inch screen is considered outdated now and many manufacturers are moving to the bigger tablet style that allows easier visibility . I also like that it has separate volume and tuning knobs instead of the big volume knob and rocker switches.

mamula

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This will be interesting. I prefer they bring back V8 over the 12 inches screen. Won't be trading 2019 raptor for 2020 for 12 inches screen.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two things:

1) Keeping your eyes on the road requires controls with tactile feedback (e.g. buttons and knobs). The only time I use the 8" screen on my F150 is when the vehicle isn't moving. When I'm driving, which is obviously the vast majority of the time I'm in the truck, I use the dedicated buttons so I'm not distracted. Removing physical interfaces for virtual will cause accidents, plain and simple.

2) Ford is, and I can't emphasize this enough, absolutely awful at anything related to IT. Please please PLEASE, for the love of god, stick to engines, transmissions, and anything other than IT. If Ford insists on shoving that much technology (read: software/ux) into a vehicle, OUTSOURCE IT.

My wife drives a '17 Explorer, and I'm glad we have no plans to upgrade soon. As for my (hopefully soon to be delivered) Raptor, the 8" screen is just fine. Keep that 12in "ooh ooh look at me" Dodge Ram marketing crap out of my truck.