2020 Explorer Interior

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love our 2016 Explorer Sport. Definitely do not like the new design. Might have to check out the Lincoln Aviator next time instead.
I'd definitely go for the Aviator. I just got out of an Explorer. I'm curious to see how different the Explorer ST is. The'll be showing that on the 14th.

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the vehicles that I've been in with this iPad type screens have looked like the placement of the screen is an afterthought. "Here. Just stick right there. No one will notice it's not flush/level, etc.....with anything else."

kid icarus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All the vehicles that I've been in with this iPad type screens have looked like the placement of the screen is an afterthought. "Here. Just stick right there. No one will notice it's not flush/level, etc.....with anything else."

Exactly! However, I will say that the RAM is closest to getting it looking good.

Supergumby5000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually drove a Raptor, and two Ram 1500s (limited, longhorn both with 12" screens) before buying my Raptor. I dont know, the big screen is cool I guess but it just didnt do it for me... the UX design on it is pretty terrible as far as usability. But to each their own.
Maybe ford will get it right in the explorer.

Reminds me of guys at work that have their face in 40" television monitors on their desk and all they do is check email.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of bad interior design- gloss black plastic at the top of the Ram's dash.

"That's a great idea Tony, the canucks are always driving in the perpetual dark of winter anyways."

Bhollier

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of bad interior design- gloss black plastic at the top of the Ram's dash.

"That's a great idea Tony, the canucks are always driving in the perpetual dark of winter anyways."

Don't encourage him. He will just post more pics of his POS.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new explorer is not bad, except for the tablet. What the hell. When they brought out the team who designed the new explorer, the only thing I was thinking was the tablet was a last second decision. The ecosport has a small tablet, and its not bad. Would like to see it integrated in the next redesign. Dodge designed the screen around the instrument panel from the beginning , and it looks ok. But I do not want something that large in my truck. If ford would enlarge the current one I would be fine. Hopefully they will at least move up to a tablet screen. The LCD screen is nice, but I'm always worried about getting scratches .