2019 Upgrades - Worth It or Not...

2018 with Color Choice or 2019 Without

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorMaryland

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So my truck came from the factorty set to 50 psi

I quickly reduced it to 37 psi

What if I go lower to say 32psi? Do I get the same effect? Better ride on pavement for a zero cost upgrade I can do today?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score

What if I go lower to say 32psi? Do I get the same effect? Better ride on pavement for a zero cost upgrade I can do today?

Lots of people run the rears that low. Doesn't make as much difference in the front and you can leave those at factory spec.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score

wtf does this have to do with the thread topic?

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you plan to run the OEM shocks, you'd be stupid to not wait for the better shocks of the 19.

If you plan to put in some expensive aftermarket shocks anyways, just get the 18.

AG looks like shiny primer anyways, and is a trendy color that will look dated in a few years. Saw a Porsche with pretty much the same color yesterday- meh.

Get a white 19.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't really see the shocks making much of a difference for ride quality on the road. Getting rid of the junk stock leaf springs is your best bet for improving ride quality and settling the rear. Tire pressure also helps a lot with ride quality.

Just my two cents.

Dirtypope

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why would u get Dated car with dumb shocks. I really liked the foot gray too but I’m just gona go with oxford white and get 2019. The new suspension it’s a deal breaker

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good chance "live" damping could reduce or even eliminate freeway wobble.

Agreed, I was not addressing the 2019 updates, only what those with 2017/2018 can do to help with the issue.