Paint or not to Paint

Should I paint the hood to match the lead foot or leave it black to match the fender flares

• Yes Paint it lead foot grey

Votes: 9 90.0%
  • No leave it black

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Paint it grey and paint the fender flares another color

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cybot

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a lead-foot grey color Raptor. I plan on buying a new hood that is painted black. My question is should I paint the hood to match the lead foot or leave it black to match the fender flares? A secondary color that I'll be applying is purple accents. Or a secondary question should I paint the fender flares?

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
You stepped in it again amigo
200.gif

But ill be helpful. Dont leave it black as it will look unfinished. Paint it grey and do a LITTLE purple. and leave the fender flares OEM color. NOT PURPLE CYBOT lmao

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Purple? When you test fit the hood before paint, see if you like it black or not. Seems like too many colors on a vehicle to me, but it's your truck.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello

IMO, you can do what you want. I think there are programs on the web that allow you to upload your car and make color adjustments.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hello

IMO, you can do what you want. I think there are programs on the web that allow you to upload your car and make color adjustments.

OP
OP
Cybot

Cybot

Reaction score
Oh no, I wouldn't paint the whole thing purple. Only a few accents, like around the front and back light bezels, the beauty bolts around the stock wheels, and maybe a small to medium 3D vinyl sticker somewhere. Just subtle hints of it. But I was thinking and it seems to be the wrong train of thought, that If I were to leave to hood painted black it would match the other black parts on the truck (the mirrors, fender flares.....).

CleverGirl_

Cabin Clown
Reaction score
Oh no, I wouldn't paint the whole thing purple. Only a few accents, like around the front and back light bezels, the beauty bolts around the stock wheels, and maybe a small to medium 3D vinyl sticker somewhere. Just subtle hints of it. But I was thinking and it seems to be the wrong train of thought, that If I were to leave to hood painted black it would match the other black parts on the truck (the mirrors, fender flares.....).
On a challenger? sure. But not a truck, makes it look like you dont have the cheddar to finish it.

What hood are you going with?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score