2019 Raptor stolen from dealer.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Harvey Singh

Harvey Singh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here’s the outcome for everyone that was interested.

I talked to my lawyer, and the reason we didn’t disclose the conversation was because I’m sure the dealer was on this thread as I did send it to them .

My lawyer is a good friend of mine, he didn’t charge me a dime for this and his best suggestion was to walk away or take a deal. Walking away wasn’t very attractive with me having to pay out negative equity and not have a truck. I would then have to purchase another one and when taxes etc it would just be a ridiculous sum more.

Here’s what me and my lawyer looked over and settled on:

4300$

Appearance guard (2500$ value ) - 3 years of protection for the vehicle including ( 10k worth of tires and rims if damaged by curbing , nails , etc ) , windshield repair, paintless dent repair, seat protection, key replacements etc etc.... I know this isn’t worth 2500 but I got it for free so whatever.

Out of province inspection and alignment ( 350$ )

Taking it to ford tomorrow or Monday to get a full inspection with an emphasize on tires/undercarriage/frame/shocks/ skid plate damage etc...

The reason me and lawyer did not pursue this further was because of the cost of suing the dealer. Second being that the shipping company carried an insurance policy and it technically in my lawyers mind was and wasn’t the dealers fault. It was negligence but nothing intentional.

I could have maybe gotten more money out of them, or maybe I could have got them to pay me out of my loan and my negative equity.

However I have everything in writing and I’m happy.

Johndeere99

Reaction score
I have not saw this mentioned but am curious to know. Is there not a black box that can be read by a ford dealership?
This would maybe show previous locations and speeds achieved with time stamps? I don't know but have a friend that
told me he had his sons GM truck checked for time and speed to counter a claim made by another party.