2019 Raptor oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawaiian Time

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For the plastic plug/pans check out the Ronin plug. It's a little pricey , but looks awesome! I would like to have gone that direction, but they don't make one for the metal pans.

The Ronin plug looks good and solid but is a bit much at $80 considering I could buy a metal oil pan for a little over $100. UPR makes one for $49 but it looks flakey with a hex head screw to secure the plug.

jvo5319

Reaction score
Hi Guys pretty new on the forum, just did my oil change at 5k on my new 2019 I decided to go with AMS oil and I like it. I was having some issues were the truck would die when you would put the pedal to the metal and I would get a oil pressure warning on my dash board I would turn the truck up again and everything normal, I’ve read on here it’s a common issue I changed the oil and truck is running great!

View attachment 124660

View attachment 124661
is there a particular oil filter you used from amsoil on your raptor? thanks

funk74

Reaction score
Yeah. all this stuff is good. but maybe review this video to also help understand what else is happening in the engine.
Maybe this helps you decide what engine oil to use instead of being anecdotal.

I'm no expert by any means.

bfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a particular oil filter you used from amsoil on your raptor? thanks

I went with Amsoil Signature Series 5W-30 Synthetic and the Amsoil EA017-EA filter. Also installed the Ronin Factory easy drain. Next oil change I'm planning to also do the Amsoil Engine Flush.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
not sure if you have a metal or plastic pan - on the metal, there is no washer or anything from the factory.

I have a 2019 and on the stock oil drain plug there is a rubber washer that is recessed into the larger diameter which can be removed.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted, but Project Farm (youtube channel) just did a lengthy series of videos comparing several popular oil brands. Amsoil came out on top with Pennzoil a very close 2nd. I've been using Mobile 1 since I started to drive but I'll be switching to Pennzoil on my next change. Fraction of the cost of Amsoil and only marginally less protection. Both of them handily beat Mobile 1 and Royal Purple.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been posted, but Project Farm (youtube channel) just did a lengthy series of videos comparing several popular oil brands. Amsoil came out on top with Pennzoil a very close 2nd. I've been using Mobile 1 since I started to drive but I'll be switching to Pennzoil on my next change. Fraction of the cost of Amsoil and only marginally less protection. Both of them handily beat Mobile 1 and Royal Purple.

My first oil change was yesterday @ 4,857 miles and I went with the Pennzoil Platinum oil and Motorcraft FL500s stock OEM filter.

This is the oil that has been redesigned specifically for modern Turbos and states so on the 5 quart container and is the only oil FordTechMakuloco on YouTube recommends for this engine.

It's not the Ultra.

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OK so everyone is a Mobil 1 fan - it's junk

I think that is a little harsh. As i have said. Been using Mobil 1 since 1992.....15 cars and over 1,000,000 miles and I have never had an oil issue.

Something I do find interesting is Ford service intervals on oil changes.

Gen 1 Raptor 5K
Gen 2 Raptor 10k

I see from the posts people are all over the board 3k, 4k, 5k on the Gen 2.
Any commentary on service intervals?

1st change @ 2,000 miles. every other change is when oil service gets to 10% (around 9,000 miles)

funk74

Reaction score
Another point to maybe consider is that the Gen2 Raptors have both direct injection and multiport injection. This may lead to less buildup on the valves and why oil selection by volatility may not be as important.