GEN 2 2019 Raptor Intel ... V2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xmadcowx

Reaction score
LOL! Someone I work with mentioned this. I have a 6.5 hr drive back and you want me to eat this? :)

Dealership is Van Bortel. Coworker tells me Wegmans serves this dish.

I want you to stop at Wegmans on the way back and use their facilities, yes. Wegmans does not serve this and if they do, it does not count by a long shot. But man do I miss Wegmans....way more than a normal person should. P hots and Henrietta hots (one of the best in the city) are my 2 suggestions. This is great cold/reheated too...no, you don't have to be drunk to enjoy it. You will not be disappointed, I cannot stress that enough.

Did you get a killer deal?....maybe I'll make an excuse to go visit my old man as I'm shopping for one right now in Colorado. All this talk of garbage plates and Wegmans has me missing home a little bit.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ... finally my 2019 has been delivered to the dealer. My story just in case some of you guys have orders in the pipeline.

I ordered my truck on 9/6/2018. It was the 1st 2019 allocation at my dealership. It was built on 10/24 (3rd day of production). Tracking shows on 11/8 that it was awaiting shipping with no ETA to the dealership. And then nothing for 7 weeks until last week when an update appeared and it was due to the dealership between 1/7-13. Last Thursday I was told it was at the rail station 2 hours away from the dealership and then it arrived Sat morning.

I still don't know why for 7 weeks, it just disappeared. Please note, I was the 1st allocation and the 2nd and 3rd allocation arrived before mine did. The dealership even sold their 2nd allocation as a courtesy delivery to CA and they are in Rochester, NY. Interestingly, the online window sticker was unavailable during the 7 weeks and then conveniently started working last week.

My salesman tells me it has been horrible year and he has had other orders just vanish without a trace. And then just show up without any notice. I have heard, if you are the 1st truck in the holding lot then you are the last truck out. Ford has no system to monitor what truck was built 1st and so on. This is frustrating as how in the hell can Ford not track a 70K vehicle?

My salesman tells me every dealership has complained and was told Ford is working on a better system that prioritizes shipping where 1st build trucks would ship 1st and not get caught behind 2nd build trucks, 3rd build trucks and so on.

Anyway, I am in VA and will take delivery on the Jan. 17th. I told my salesman to park it somewhere safe leave all the plastic on it and NOT to perform any PDI. I want the joy of detailing it myself.

Glad to hear you'll almost have your truck. I'm in a similar position as you. Ordered in September, got a build week the first day of scheduling (10/29), and Ford has been kicking the can since.

Delayed to 11/05, then 11/19, then 12/02, then 01/14. That last delay I called the dealership and voiced my frustration on the customer experience related to spending house-level money on a truck. I can order a $3 spark plug for my snow thrower on amazon and track if every step of the way, but have a $75k truck built and the experience isn't even remotely comparable.

Anyway, after that the regional rep had the build pulled back into December, but when I contacted FP a week or so before Xmas I was told the build was scheduled for 01/28. I haven't contacted them since.

At this point, I'll get it when I get it. But I'm having a hard time thinking of a worse customer experience...

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get a garbage plate when you are there. The dealer will tell you to do the same, but unless you visit often (ever again) do yourself a favor and treat that new years diet right.

Yes and you can only get it from Nick Tahoe’s at 2am or doesn’t count!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xmadcowx

Reaction score
Yes and you can only get it from Nick Tahoe’s at 2am or doesn’t count!

Nicks isn't the same nicks since the kids (or brother, I don't remember) took over. You would actually use the bathroom there now....and the floors are clean...come on. However, 2am line out the door and around the corner in January usually means there will be stories to tell for months.

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want you to stop at Wegmans on the way back and use their facilities, yes. Wegmans does not serve this and if they do, it does not count by a long shot. But man do I miss Wegmans....way more than a normal person should. P hots and Henrietta hots (one of the best in the city) are my 2 suggestions. This is great cold/reheated too...no, you don't have to be drunk to enjoy it. You will not be disappointed, I cannot stress that enough.

Did you get a killer deal?....maybe I'll make an excuse to go visit my old man as I'm shopping for one right now in Colorado. All this talk of garbage plates and Wegmans has me missing home a little bit.

I go back every few months to see family. Don’t miss living there but I do occasionally miss their food- wings, Marks pizza, Dino BBQ, Nick Tahoe’s, white hots, etc...

Tomkirkland4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nicks isn't the same nicks since the kids (or brother, I don't remember) took over. You would actually use the bathroom there now....and the floors are clean...come on. However, 2am line out the door and around the corner in January usually means there will be stories to tell for months.

Yeah my first time there over 20 years ago a lady tried to sale me boxer briefs at 2 am when I was downing a plate. I hope the OP does try out a few things in Rochester!

OP if you need a place to stay suggest the Del Monte, Marriott Renaissance in Pittsford.

Raptor Tony

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So ... finally my 2019 has been delivered to the dealer. My story just in case some of you guys have orders in the pipeline.

I ordered my truck on 9/6/2018. It was the 1st 2019 allocation at my dealership. It was built on 10/24 (3rd day of production). Tracking shows on 11/8 that it was awaiting shipping with no ETA to the dealership. And then nothing for 7 weeks until last week when an update appeared and it was due to the dealership between 1/7-13. Last Thursday I was told it was at the rail station 2 hours away from the dealership and then it arrived Sat morning.

I still don't know why for 7 weeks, it just disappeared. Please note, I was the 1st allocation and the 2nd and 3rd allocation arrived before mine did. The dealership even sold their 2nd allocation as a courtesy delivery to CA and they are in Rochester, NY. Interestingly, the online window sticker was unavailable during the 7 weeks and then conveniently started working last week.

My salesman tells me it has been horrible year and he has had other orders just vanish without a trace. And then just show up without any notice. I have heard, if you are the 1st truck in the holding lot then you are the last truck out. Ford has no system to monitor what truck was built 1st and so on. This is frustrating as how in the hell can Ford not track a 70K vehicle?

My salesman tells me every dealership has complained and was told Ford is working on a better system that prioritizes shipping where 1st build trucks would ship 1st and not get caught behind 2nd build trucks, 3rd build trucks and so on.

Anyway, I am in VA and will take delivery on the Jan. 17th. I told my salesman to park it somewhere safe leave all the plastic on it and NOT to perform any PDI. I want the joy of detailing it myself.

interesting.. i was the first allocation from my dealer as well... ordered 8/28/18 built 10/28... two week wait. shipped 11/14/18 ETA was 12/6 arrived at my dealer on long island, NY @ 11/28. FP chat was able to give me updates at each rail location all the way to newark, NJ then transferred to a truck and a hour drive to my dealer.

also took delivery with all stickers, and plastic on the truck as well, hell i even put my inspection sticker on at my house

Last edited:

TiNyLoBo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they didn't change anything from the 2017 fiasco. Awesome.

Mine was ordered end of July 2016; received her January 18th.

I do still talk to my sales guy almost daily.