GEN 2 2019 Raptor Intel ... V2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So ... finally my 2019 has been delivered to the dealer. My story just in case some of you guys have orders in the pipeline.

I ordered my truck on 9/6/2018. It was the 1st 2019 allocation at my dealership. It was built on 10/24 (3rd day of production). Tracking shows on 11/8 that it was awaiting shipping with no ETA to the dealership. And then nothing for 7 weeks until last week when an update appeared and it was due to the dealership between 1/7-13. Last Thursday I was told it was at the rail station 2 hours away from the dealership and then it arrived Sat morning.

I still don't know why for 7 weeks, it just disappeared. Please note, I was the 1st allocation and the 2nd and 3rd allocation arrived before mine did. The dealership even sold their 2nd allocation as a courtesy delivery to CA and they are in Rochester, NY. Interestingly, the online window sticker was unavailable during the 7 weeks and then conveniently started working last week.

My salesman tells me it has been horrible year and he has had other orders just vanish without a trace. And then just show up without any notice. I have heard, if you are the 1st truck in the holding lot then you are the last truck out. Ford has no system to monitor what truck was built 1st and so on. This is frustrating as how in the hell can Ford not track a 70K vehicle?

My salesman tells me every dealership has complained and was told Ford is working on a better system that prioritizes shipping where 1st build trucks would ship 1st and not get caught behind 2nd build trucks, 3rd build trucks and so on.

Anyway, I am in VA and will take delivery on the Jan. 17th. I told my salesman to park it somewhere safe leave all the plastic on it and NOT to perform any PDI. I want the joy of detailing it myself.

Jake17

★ REBEL LIFE ★
Reaction score
1st '19 allocation at my dealership. I was 1st & the 2nd & 3rd arrived before mine. Heard, if you're 1st truck in the holding lot then you're last out. Ford has no system to monitor what truck was built 1st. Salesman said Ford's workin' on a better system.
super interesting fairy tale :sleepy::sleepy:

Flying_pig.gif

Last edited:

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So ... finally my 2019 has been delivered to the dealer. My story just in case some of you guys have orders in the pipeline.

I ordered my truck on 9/6/2018. It was the 1st 2019 allocation at my dealership. It was built on 10/24 (3rd day of production). Tracking shows on 11/8 that it was awaiting shipping with no ETA to the dealership. And then nothing for 7 weeks until last week when an update appeared and it was due to the dealership between 1/7-13. Last Thursday I was told it was at the rail station 2 hours away from the dealership and then it arrived Sat morning.

I still don't know why for 7 weeks, it just disappeared. Please note, I was the 1st allocation and the 2nd and 3rd allocation arrived before mine did. The dealership even sold their 2nd allocation as a courtesy delivery to CA and they are in Rochester, NY. Interestingly, the online window sticker was unavailable during the 7 weeks and then conveniently started working last week.

My salesman tells me it has been horrible year and he has had other orders just vanish without a trace. And then just show up without any notice. I have heard, if you are the 1st truck in the holding lot then you are the last truck out. Ford has no system to monitor what truck was built 1st and so on. This is frustrating as how in the hell can Ford not track a 70K vehicle?

My salesman tells me every dealership has complained and was told Ford is working on a better system that prioritizes shipping where 1st build trucks would ship 1st and not get caught behind 2nd build trucks, 3rd build trucks and so on.

Anyway, I am in VA and will take delivery on the Jan. 17th. I told my salesman to park it somewhere safe leave all the plastic on it and NOT to perform any PDI. I want the joy of detailing it myself.

Congrats Raptor911 WOW Proud Moment!!!!!!!!

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WITH ZERO MODERATION here, unfortunately that is the way it is here it appears..

RAPTOR911 , we need more pics. I'm an old guy with toys in the garage , water and air, , but I can honestly say that changing up things to my DD vehicle to a new Raptor makes me enjoy everyday driving.

Kraftei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"I told my salesman to park it somewhere safe leave all the plastic on it and NOT to perform any PDI. I want the joy of detailing it myself."

I used to ask and get my own PDI's, last year when my HC came in they said no go, not allowed anymore.