GEN 2 2019 Raptor Differences

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ccso285

ccso285

Reaction score
How do you turn off the auto lock feature, can't find that in the system. I do not want the doors to lock period, unless I lock them

Keller Steeler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are not telling the truth about 19 body roll. Body roll still exist. Stop trying to make ur self feel better than the car is. This is a fact. Both body roll and nose diving effect from braking still exist. The only advantage 19 has is the stiffer shocks shocks hell’s in jump landing reducing bottoming out.
I had to call you out on that!
I will listen to your opinion when you actually ride in a 19. Until then your opinion means zero. Zero experience = zero credibility.

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had race cars all my life, Lamborghinis, Ferrari's, etc. This 19 is faster off the line all day long than my 17. I'm well aware they power is the same, but I know what I feel.

Just ignore Mamula. His e-girlfriend isn't replying anymore so he has to come on here and talk about something he can't afford. Well, that he can afford with a 10% discount.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just ignore Mamula. His e-girlfriend isn't replying anymore so he has to come on here and talk about something he can't afford. Well, that he can afford with a 10% discount.

You bite your tongue! Mamula is a self-declared legend on this forum... and has provided much valuable insight into all things Raptor related (but has never owned one and hopefully will not)

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would it be better to get a 2019 or a 2018 IYO

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hehehehe. Well you made me laugh. All gen 2 have same takeoff. No way the 19 can be faster than 17:18. All use same body and frame. Is the live shock adding 5+ hp to the 19? :893karatesmiley-thu
Umm, you do realize that there are lots of aftermarket tunes and devices like Pedal Commander that make a car perform differently without any body or frame changes. It is entirely possible that Ford tweaked some settings to make the vehicle run differently.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

POOPonYOU

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That's very difficult to answer. A 2019 if money doesn't matter and you want the latest and greatest. A 2018 if you want the possibility of saving a few thousand dollars. Depends how you plan to use the truck.

xBX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's very difficult to answer. A 2019 if money doesn't matter and you want the latest and greatest. A 2018 if you want the possibility of saving a few thousand dollars. Depends how you plan to use the truck.

I know - are the differences THAT major? A 2018 with <10K miles is in the 60K range which, with some negotiating, can save you upwards of 10-15K from a new one...

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have to defer to Mamula on this one...

To be truthful, I'd say either one depending on the deal. I only upgraded to the 2019 because I got a good trade-in offer and basically drove it for free for 9 months/16k miles. Scheduled to take delivery 12/28, but there are other minor changes there will be no mention of when comparing the two. For instance, my 2018 had the plastic oil pan since it was produced earlier in the year. That is just an example, but they learn from issues owners experience and "quietly" attempt to fix them as to not draw attention. I believe others also mentioned a change in a part number for cam phasers recently that was most likely to address issues owners were experiencing?

Do you really want to be like Mamula and have someone see you rolling down the street when them blue "peasant" shocks though?! I keed I keed, he will never been seen rolling blue OR red shocks.