2019 Raptor as a Daily Driver

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bobn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO NOT pay more than msrp!! Or we will ban you. ha

But really, don't as there are plenty of dealers that will sell it as MSRP. And really, I think msrp is to much when you see all these 2018 Raptors sitting on lots at year end; and have been sitting on the lot for some time.

Jake17 - we get it, you like your Dodge and I'm glad your trade worked out for you and you're happy with it. Simply saying the Raptor is not a great highway truck is useless w/o any explanation of why.

OP doesn't give a rats ass about your Dodge; OP is asking for details on the Raptor; good, bad, or ugly.

And for f**k sakes, please stop posting in numerous threads about how great your Dodge is. This is the Raptor forum, not the Dodge forum.

Last edited:

Monster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have a 2017 Raptor and a 2018 Expedition. Our Expedition with CCD is definitely smoother, and quieter on the highway. Having said that, I’m never in the Raptor thinking I prefer the ride of the Expedition. But I wouldn’t want the Expedition to ride the same as the Raptor. Does that make sense? The Raptor is what it is and I like it that way. The wife would of course say she likes the ride in the Expedition better.

There is a little more tire noise, but it is not bad like jeeps and lifted trucks with the aftermarket tires. There is more bounce in the Raptor but that’s part of its fun personality.

You mentioned a 2019 Raptor which has the adaptive suspension. From what I’ve seen on YouTube from the fast lane truck bozos is that the 2019s feel stiffer on road than previous Raptors.

Best thing to do is test drive one at highway speeds before you buy.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm a part of quite a few Raptor groups. One thing I've noticed amongst people with impressive garages (multiple vehicles over $100k) is that they all prefer to take their Gen 2 on trips, as "it is the most comfortable vehicle they own". I've seen no less than 4 people say that directly, and others say something similar.

The 2019 should ride better on the road than previous years. There's a few people that have reviewed them thus far, and say that the skittishness over small bumps is gone, and less body roll (which was advertised). The firmness is debated - most people outside of the TFL video review say it is more firm when it should be, and comfortable the rest of the time.

You can get an 18 for pretty cheap (comparatively), so you might test drive both if you can.

IMO, this truck is the best vehicle you can buy, and I daily drive mine.

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the response. No surprises so far. I'll get out and test drive one. I've always been a fan and just literally thought this week, "why not?".

Really no bad colors IMHO, my DD Expeditions are always black and initially assumed a black Raptor, but I'm also really drawn to Magnetic as well. Tough choice, but again they all look nice. I poured through the picture thread last nice, didn't really help with the decision. LOL

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
most never see dirt
not the greatest highway truck
just switched out to a Rebel 12...better interior & tech...much nicer as a daily driver...V8's a bonus
What the hell is a Rebel 12? I can’t imagine you are talking about a ****** ass Dodge...

OP
OP
J

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What the hell is a Rebel 12? I can’t imagine you are talking about a ****** ass Dodge...

LOL, as the OP, I have to admit I have 1 Dodge in the stable, but it's the Dodge you'd want to own. All my other 'toy' cars are and have been Fords..... :)

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, as the OP, I have to admit I have 1 Dodge in the stable, but it's the Dodge you'd want to own. All my other 'toy' cars are and have been Fords..... :)
I guess I should have said ****** ass Dodge truck. You are correct there are some Dodge cars that are nice (Viper, Hellcat, and Demon).