GEN 1 2019 Oil Dip Stick Readings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ddpt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out if the truck is consuming oil by checking oil levels on dipstick.

The dipstick shows a "streak" of oil across min/max value but I am use to seeing a solid coating vs a streak between the min/max when changing oil on my other non-Ford vehicles.

Does this read as normal oil levels or should the dipstick be coated entirely between the min/max markings on the dipstick.

Thanks

DDP

Jason Snokhous

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out if the truck is consuming oil by checking oil levels on dipstick.

The dipstick shows a "streak" of oil across min/max value but I am use to seeing a solid coating vs a streak between the min/max when changing oil on my other non-Ford vehicles.

Does this read as normal oil levels or should the dipstick be coated entirely between the min/max markings on the dipstick.

Thanks

DDP
Yea I have the same experience. Kind of hard to tell. Only tip I have is to pay attention to the two holes above and below the hash marks. If the bottom or top hole is submerged in oil, the hole should “filled” with oil, if that makes sense. When I did my first oil change I checked the dip stick 3 times without knowing where the oil line was but the bottom hole had a solid film of oil and the top hole didn’t so I called it good. Other tip is run full synthetic like the Raptor supplement calls for and don’t go over 5000k miles between oil changes.