2019 Front and Rear Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ah yeah sorry was like what can be glass lol

i put so much time and money into truck getting it how it is did not want to change out fenders and those glass ones up close look like total crap nothing aligns up like factory and 6 in wider total to wide for my garage

by glass i meant run fiberglass fenders, man it would have been nice to able to run the stock spindle, i already have svc upper control arms, thanks for reply i couldnt find pricing on their site

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just bought the 3.0 factory live valves as well, what did you set your preload at in the front? how much lift are you trying to get ? also have you noticed the live valves changing heights when going in reverse? my front end drops in reverse and then goes back to "normal" height in drive. pretty annoying as it causes me to rub in reverse

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Last week I upgraded the rear shocks to fox live 3.0 changed the drop shackle from 1 in drop to zero drop as the +4 HD deavers sagged by 1 in over the last year. Now its even front to back. I had the collars from the bump stops powder coated blue same as the spindles, will put them on next week when front is done.

I will get better picks of rear next week when they take tire back off. I have wheel well liners and cut them to show the new shock after I took the pic.

View attachment 147488

View attachment 147489

View attachment 147490

View attachment 147491

View attachment 147492

Thats gonna be a nice setup, but you just made up mind on not messing w/ the suspension on this truck. I’m not using it for shows, I’m not off-roading in the Baja, I use it like a truck which means weight in the bed on occasion, towing trailer on occasion, & some New England off-roading (open fields, logging roads, etc) - I have eibach springs for the front waiting to install kept getting confused/undecided on what to do for the rear. I just wanted more ground clearance/higher ride height & no sag/nose high stance when actually “doing truck shit” - it looks awful.

but I’ll tell ya one thing- if I spent $1500 on a set of Deaver +3 HDs only to have him bend/sag a full inch in a year while rusting to hell I’d gladly foot the fedex bill to have the piles of Shit sent back to deaver w/ a nasty letter.

im staying stock...I’ve heard the deavers sag from others, you’re confirming it here...when one of the main reasons I’d install em is to maintain a rake & NOT SAG I’d be livid

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thats gonna be a nice setup, but you just made up mind on not messing w/ the suspension on this truck. I’m not using it for shows, I’m not off-roading in the Baja, I use it like a truck which means weight in the bed on occasion, towing trailer on occasion, & some New England off-roading (open fields, logging roads, etc) - I have eibach springs for the front waiting to install kept getting confused/undecided on what to do for the rear. I just wanted more ground clearance/higher ride height & no sag/nose high stance when actually “doing truck shit” - it looks awful.

but I’ll tell ya one thing- if I spent $1500 on a set of Deaver +3 HDs only to have him bend/sag a full inch in a year while rusting to hell I’d gladly foot the fedex bill to have the piles of Shit sent back to deaver w/ a nasty letter.

im staying stock...I’ve heard the deavers sag from others, you’re confirming it here...when one of the main reasons I’d install em is to maintain a rake & NOT SAG I’d be livid
I've had my deavers on for 5 years now and no sag, just rusty, put lots of weight in the back from time to time, no abuse though.

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will this bolt kit be added to the website eventually? Picture of how the 2nd shock is mounted?

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will this bolt kit be added to the website eventually? Picture of how the 2nd shock is mounted?

I would contact RPG on adding it to website. There are 2 mounts on lower arm for main shock and 2nd shock. As the top mount I am not sure as I have not

seen anyone else with this set up yet. I am sure they have a bracket for it.

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score

its not that big of deal. I had a 1 in drop shackle so i just changed it out for 0 drop and RPG gave me a credit or the old one. Raised it back up 1 in. I have about 500lbs load on bed full time so that could be reason. I am sure 500lbs would sag the bed 1 in with springs. If i take off my cap, all the stuff out of bed I am sure it would raise 1 in under no load.

OP
OP
BIGDJE

BIGDJE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought the 3.0 factory live valves as well, what did you set your preload at in the front? how much lift are you trying to get ? also have you noticed the live valves changing heights when going in reverse? my front end drops in reverse and then goes back to "normal" height in drive. pretty annoying as it causes me to rub in reverse

I have only done the rear so far. Front should be done very soon. Waiting on some more rigid lights to come in and get it all done same time.