2019 Bead Lock Capable tire removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bobhub

Reaction score
I have a 2019 with bead lock capable wheels. I ran over a knife blade this weekend and need a new tire. I’m at discount tire and they can’t seem to get the tire off the wheel. Anybody know if the beauty ring needs to be removed prior to tire removal? I would’ve hoped that they knew the answer to this question, but they are clearly struggling. I’m a little bit afraid to look at my wheel when they are done with it.

xrocket21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure it works the same as any other wheel.... It isnt truly beadlock until you replace the the trim rings with actual beadlock rings. They should be able to work the tire the same as any other tire

edit: I was wrong, @smurfslayer has the info

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bobhub

Bobhub

Reaction score
Pretty sure it works the same as any other wheel.... It isnt truly beadlock until you replace the the trim rings with actual beadlock rings. They should be able to work the tire the same as any other tire

That was my assumption as well. But they are saying that side of the wheel is too thick for their equipment to remove the tire. Doesn’t make much sense to me, which is why I was reaching out to this community.

Aventador22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Which they hope to have by tomorrow. Ridiculous!!! Thanks for the info Aventador.
Went through the same process myself. Ended up just taking them off on my own because I didn't want them scratching up the ring trying to get them off.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Which they hope to have by tomorrow. Ridiculous!!! Thanks for the info Aventador.

Normally, I try to feel the mechanic out if I’m paying for work. If I sense reluctance, I take that as a clue.

On my bikes with expensive wheels - magnesium, carbon fiber - I go to a known mechanic and I wait for him, not some minimum wage, disaffected, man-bun, millennial. He takes longer, but you know what? he has never marred, scuffed, scratched, or goofed my $3k set of wheels on a tire swap. Ever.

If your’e going back, maybe watch the guys and make sure they don’t do anything stupid.

good luck !

Redleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don’t have to take the ring off, good grief! I’ve mounted 10 sets of tires on my three sets of Ford factory bead lock wheels for my 2017 and never once had to even think of taking off the beauty ring. Tell the 16 year old idiot working the machine to throw the tires out in the sun for 20 minutes.. for ***** sake!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc