2018 Raptors under sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight 8% profit on all options. So a whole $160 extra to the dealer for pushing the tech package. Another $160 for jamming stickers down a customer's throat.

While that might make business sense to you, most dealers are more worried about being stuck with a $70k truck no one wants to buy than wringing an extra $320 profit out of their customers.

Dealers order the vehicles equipped the way their customers want. Shockingly enough, buyers of luxury, over-the-top, completely unnecessary trucks prefer all the options.

Shit money is money bro. 160 bucks is 160 bucks.

And like I said, most people will buy a vehicle if it fits 90 percent of what they are looking for. (PS. Glad I found an allocation earlier this year)

But you are probably right. I don't hang out with many people that buy 70K trucks or vehicles for that matter.

Obscure

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Straight 8% profit on all options. So a whole $160 extra to the dealer for pushing the tech package. Another $160 for jamming stickers down a customer's throat.

While that might make business sense to you, most dealers are more worried about being stuck with a $70k truck no one wants to buy than wringing an extra $320 profit out of their customers.

Dealers order the vehicles equipped the way their customers want. Shockingly enough, buyers of luxury, over-the-top, completely unnecessary trucks prefer all the options.

I guess the majority of the buyers on FRF are different than the rest because I see most here not wanting the stickers, or at the very least not wanting to cough up 2K for them. I don't think any dealer will get "stuck" with the truck and lose money, but I think it is going to very quickly become harder and harder for them to offload them for full price if they keep ordering them at 70K+ sticker prices. Just my .02. I'll keep playing the waiting game until I find the right truck at the right price. Maybe I'll even get lucky and get to order one through MAS when I deploy in the next couple months.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess the majority of the buyers on FRF are different than the rest because I see most here not wanting the stickers, or at the very least not wanting to cough up 2K for them. I don't think any dealer will get "stuck" with the truck and lose money, but I think it is going to very quickly become harder and harder for them to offload them for full price if they keep ordering them at 70K+ sticker prices. Just my .02. I'll keep playing the waiting game until I find the right truck at the right price. Maybe I'll even get lucky and get to order one through MAS when I deploy in the next couple months.

My detail guy was cleaning up truck and I asked him to tear those decals off the side and throw them in the trash can,
I showed him the msrp on Stickers and he about shit. 1200 or something for stickers that is crazy !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

heffneil

Reaction score
I am looking for a raptor. I found one for sticker price and I am at about $1300 to truck it down (open) to me. If anyone knows a dealership willing to negotiate please let me know. I would prefer black or white with almost everything (even though I don't want the stickers either but they seem hard to avoid :) )

Thanks in advance!

Kjc

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am looking for a raptor. I found one for sticker price and I am at about $1300 to truck it down (open) to me. If anyone knows a dealership willing to negotiate please let me know. I would prefer black or white with almost everything (even though I don't want the stickers either but they seem hard to avoid :) )

Thanks in advance!

Where you located?

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today I went by my local Ford dealer, the same place I bought my 2012 Raptor for $700 over INVOICE. They had a 2017 Screw a couple of months ago that they were asking $10k over MSRP and said then I could not order one because of no new allocations. But the dealership has changed owners so I thought I would try again. The sales manager was the same and remembered ordering my old one 6 years ago. He checked and they did have one allocation for a 2018. So we sat down and ordered a Scab just like I wanted. I asked him if he could get close to my last deal and he said he could do $1k over INVOICE. So of course I agreed. I think that's about the best deal I have seen on here. Anyone do any better? I am excited.

heffneil

Reaction score
Good for you! I am not very motivated. I realized I haven't test driven the truck even!

Oh and there are 44 trucks within a 200 mile radius so the entire premium is an absolute joke and Ford should be ashamed of their dealers for behaving like this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjorn-dpc