2018 Order Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is mine.
2018RaptorDora.png

Nick. Thanks. Do you already have a VIN?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^^ Not yet. I don't think you get a vin until they actually start your order? Someone surely should know but I'm pretty sure it isn't right when you place the order :)

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vin gets assigned as it gets closer to production. They won't start scheduling the 2018s until mid June.

Gunnut

Reaction score
I got my vin about a month after my order was accepted. One month later I got my blend date and window sticker.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Scheduling won't start for another 3 weeks, so no VINs at least until then.

HellFish

Reaction score
You need to go back to your dealer and speak to someone that knows what the **** they're talking about or find a new dealer.

Well I have a DORA - I believe he was referring to June for when orders will be pulled.

xgardx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered mine today too at MSRP. 2018 SCREW in Lead Foot Gray with everything minus the the sunroof and graphics. I'm first on the 2018 build list for the dealer.

have you been able to see a confirmed sample of what lead foot gray is going to look like?

i've been waiting for this to decide on which color to place my 2018 order with...

Itsalljake

Reaction score
Well, I've joined the club. My wife recently gave me the green light for a new pickup and the Raptor has got to be it. But I decided to hold out for the 2018 with a hope for the 5.0. I spoke to someone at Galpin here in CA (The Largest Ford Dealer in the World they say) and they say they have no access to the build sheets for the 2018. Something very Screw-y going on, and not in the way I want.

OP
OP
S

ssj4sadie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I've joined the club. My wife recently gave me the green light for a new pickup and the Raptor has got to be it. But I decided to hold out for the 2018 with a hope for the 5.0. I spoke to someone at Galpin here in CA (The Largest Ford Dealer in the World they say) and they say they have no access to the build sheets for the 2018. Something very Screw-y going on, and not in the way I want.

Any cursory look on this forum shows that CA dealers have taken a que from the state and are attempting to screw everyone every way possible, got to look outside the state and make sure you order with the CA compliant option (conflicting info about the last part, but just to be safe...).

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I'm in LA too - I ordered my truck out of state at MSRP with the CA emissions option. It's about 250 miles from me so not too bad. If you want my sales guys info, PM me.