2018 left over "NEW" Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I appreciate all the input and I was pretty much thinking exactly what you were saying.

I decided to open my search up to other states and just put a deposit down on what i consider to be a steal.

2020 Raptor SCREW
Agate Black
802a
carbon package
moon roof
bed liner spray in
forged wheels
heated rears
no graphics
free roll up tonneau
Sticker: 74535
Price: 68487 (6048 off sticker)

I also opted in for the full ceramic coating which also includes lifetime leather replacement....anyone ever heard of this? It cost 1195.

Im picking her up on Saturday. Its still got the plastic on the seats and shifter with 14 miles on the odometer!

That's pretty much the standard now on out the door price. You did get taken on the ceramic. About $50 of product and probably not as good as detailers or yourself can do. Some even use a cheap spray on version. Get out of that if you can and check the many ceramic threads on here. It is the #1 thing to not buy on this video. Don't flush the $1195!

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ask to see the invoice. Any decent dealer usually will show you. That's what the dealer pays. Bottom left hand corner you'll see HB with a number underneath, which is their hold back. Tell them you'll pay invoice. As mentioned, I would be worried about seals, tires and things like that.
There's an oxymoron - "decent dealer"

Reaction score
Okay, I have first hand knowledge of this exact situation. In January of this year I found a new 2018. I was looking for one without a sunroof due to my fat head rubs on any truck with a sunroof. The dealer I found was in a small town in Alabama. I bought mine for 9995 off the original sticker of 69,995. Its a 802A plus Carbon plus Technology, plus beadlock, pretty much every option minus sunroof and decals. I tend to drive a lot of miles 18-20 a year, so I was excited about having 2 years worth of free miles to drive. Love the truck, get compliments almost daily.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My concern would be book value- if totaled or stolen the insurance company is only paying for an 18. retail will also hurt- but not much if you keep it 5 or so year. Call you insurance company ask what they would pay- or get gap insurance. if you finance.

I do like my 18 seats better. So i understand.

DO NOT get gap insurance from the dealer! You'll pay sometimes $1000 or more for something you can get on your own for $40-50/year. And don't buy it from the same company you have your regular car insurance with!

OP
OP
J

Joe Davis

Reaction score
Okay, I have first hand knowledge of this exact situation. In January of this year I found a new 2018. I was looking for one without a sunroof due to my fat head rubs on any truck with a sunroof. The dealer I found was in a small town in Alabama. I bought mine for 9995 off the original sticker of 69,995. Its a 802A plus Carbon plus Technology, plus beadlock, pretty much every option minus sunroof and decals. I tend to drive a lot of miles 18-20 a year, so I was excited about having 2 years worth of free miles to drive. Love the truck, get compliments almost daily.
Sounds like the deal I was trying to get them to do but they were unwilling. Oh well their loss!

OP
OP
J

Joe Davis

Reaction score
That's pretty much the standard now on out the door price. You did get taken on the ceramic. About $50 of product and probably not as good as detailers or yourself can do. Some even use a cheap spray on version. Get out of that if you can and check the many ceramic threads on here. It is the #1 thing to not buy on this video. Don't flush the $1195!

Coming from CT that is a killer deal. I took a look at the prices in Maine and its the lowest advertised discount i could find online. The thing that made me seal the deal was the trade. They offered 3K more than any other Maine dealer and the same as the highest offer I got in CT. I did some research into the ceramic they use and it seems pretty good. The way I see it is I dont want to shell out 1500 or more for a coat after the fact. Quality might not be as good but its better than nothing and my trade in (2015 platinum) had nothing and the paint looks brand new still 92k miles later.

You guys in Maine are lucky to have such low prices though!

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Coming from CT that is a killer deal. I took a look at the prices in Maine and its the lowest advertised discount i could find online. The thing that made me seal the deal was the trade. They offered 3K more than any other Maine dealer and the same as the highest offer I got in CT. I did some research into the ceramic they use and it seems pretty good. The way I see it is I dont want to shell out 1500 or more for a coat after the fact. Quality might not be as good but its better than nothing and my trade in (2015 platinum) had nothing and the paint looks brand new still 92k miles later.

You guys in Maine are lucky to have such low prices though!

Prices are better elsewhere I'm finding.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BaseRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greedy bastards, it’s 2.5 model years old. I would need a $14k discount to even consider it.

Last edited: