2018 Adaptive cruise / stop and go retrofit into 2017 yet?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. I have a 2018 Raptor with 802A and Tech. I do have ACC with Stop n Go. If traffic comes to a complete stop in front of you...truck will come to a complete stop. If traffic remains stopped for 3 seconds or more...it flashes orange and turns ACC off. You will have to press Resume for ACC to kick back in.

Our trucks (2018 with Tech Pkg -- where it is listed as Adaptive Cruise Control w/Collision Mitigation) work exactly as this Ford ACC Stop n Go video describes:
https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/vehi...and-go.html?year=2017&model=Fusion&sync=sync3
when driving cross country on I-70 it was a welcome addition every time I hit a construction zone...and only occasionally does it beep and turn off for too long of a stop...so you do have to pay attention, it ain't driving for you.

the inside rear view mirror in my truck is a Gentex product (a version of GNTX-939). Part number is hu5a-17e678-hd. This is not to say that this is what you need to implement stop-n-go ACC on a 2017...it's just letting you know what is on a 2018 with 802A and Tech.

and I don't think Ford is using LiDAR for this tech to work. Just radar ACC with maybe some camera assist.

and here is what the mirror looks like through the glass and the steering wheel controls:

My 2017 has an identical camera in the mirror and buttons on the steering wheel as you do in your 2018. Makes me suspect your stop-and-go capability. Take a video and share it with the rest of us so we can finally put this to bed. But be careful because another member tried to do the same thing in his 2018 and had to quickly slam on the brakes so he didn't crash into the stopped car in front of him. I tried to find the video, but I don't remember which thread it was in.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just use the damn brakes and gas pedal , discussion over haha.. I’m just joking.. my 18 does not stop after 20 mph

Garshev

Reaction score
I demoed a 2017 and the salesman told me they changed it in 2018 to where it would come to a complete stop and resume. I ended up buying a 2017 so I don’t have this feature.

flzrider

Reaction score
This is starting to become insane. We’ve now had people confirm that their 2018 has it and other confirm it doesn’t. Same with the auto braking feature vs. preloading braking feature. How is it this hard? And then meanwhile you have people jumping down the throats if anyone who asks a question that’s been answered more than once and we can’t even get the facts straight.

Agreed.

flzrider

Reaction score
The facts are clear.... no raptor has it period..... only 2018 high trim package f150s do.... if this is not clear to you just simply re-read this post...

The only thing that isn't clear to me is where you learned how to use punctuation. It's a period, use it once.