2017 used pricing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm sure your's is alright and nothing personal but I wouldn't touch a used car with a title history from Texas unless it was built after Harvey. Perhaps it wouldn't bother other folks. When I bought my used BMW I would't even consider a car with east coast title history after Sandy.

If you're a Corvette guy this link will make you cry.

Mike

I am in Midland in far west Texas and truck was purchased within 200 miles of here. If we get 10" rain here per year we are doing good. Houston is 9 hr drive from here.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am in Midland in far west Texas and truck was purchased within 200 miles of here. If we get 10" rain here per year we are doing good. Houston is 9 hr drive from here.

I realize that, you need to check the CarFax history and see where in Texas the truck is from, it's a HUGE state.

There's actually a used Avalanche SCAB with 22K on it in Houston, shows it has a clean CarFax, I still have no interest in it at any price. It's almost exactly what I was want, still the Houston history is a non-starter.

Mike

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realize that, you need to check the CarFax history and see where in Texas the truck is from, it's a HUGE state.

There's actually a used Avalanche SCAB with 22K on it in Houston, shows it has a clean CarFax, I still have no interest in it at any price. It's almost exactly what I was want, still the Houston history is a non-starter.

Mike

I am well aware of where my truck came from and it has no damage. And Carfax is not the most accurate source and I am not sure there is one. I will have no problem getting top dollar for this whether I sell it or trade it. Good luck with finding one for yourself.

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2014 has soft cover,very nice still in great shape.2017 has hard cover,hate it.swaped it for 2014 cover.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am well aware of where my truck came from and it has no damage. And Carfax is not the most accurate source and I am not sure there is one. I will have no problem getting top dollar for this whether I sell it or trade it. Good luck with finding one for yourself.

Sorry, when I said you I didn't mean it as yourself. I meant it as anyone buying a car or truck from Texas, and I agree Carfax is not that actuate.

You can tell by the vehicle history from Carfax where the car spent some of it's life based on the city is was sold and serviced.

Mike

RapTrap

Reaction score
Just my .02...I have an 18 Screw with 9500 miles on I am considering selling. MSRP was just under $70k. Looking to list around $65k. It has Bakflip MX4, RPG mod, and 17" Rotiforms on it. Just not sure what direction I am going with it yet. Miss my Superduty.

Any reasons in particular for wanting to go back to the super duty? I currently have an 18 screw with 1,600 miles and have found myself wanting a King Ranch lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any reasons in particular for wanting to go back to the super duty? I currently have an 18 screw with 1,600 miles and have found myself wanting a King Ranch lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignoring anything McNawsty, AKA MGD, will add to this, I am not a fan of the Ecoboost. Having had 2 of the Gen 1s, I really like the 6.2 better. I traded a 2017 F250 Powerstroke for the Raptor and really prefer that engine to this. Ride is won by the Raptor hands down, but with another Icon system, the F250 isn't bad.

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from a dealer that was all excited about a used 17 he just got in. Went to their site and pulled up the AutoCheck(CarFax) and it shows the truck has had multiple air bags deployed with structural damage.

WreckedRaptor.jpg

I also told him when I originally talked to him I was only interested in a SCAB.

To add insult to injury they are only asking $3100 below sticker. Which really doesn't matter, I wasn't interested. These guys are ******* NUTS!!

Mike

Last edited:

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a call from a dealer that was all excited about a used 17 he just got in. Went to their site and pulled up the AutoCheck(CarFax) and it shows the truck has had multiple air bags deployed with structural damage.

WreckedRaptor.jpg

I also told him when I originally talked to him I was only interested in a SCAB.

To add insult to injury they are only asking $3100 below sticker. Which really doesn't matter, I wasn't interested. These guys are ******* NUTS!!

Mike

Bad thing is someone will not bother pulling the carfax and pay that price thinking that they got a good deal.

Dr.Duct_Mossburg

Reaction score
I've been watching these things for awhile. I agree with most in that a lot of the private party sellers paid more than MSRP on their trucks so they're still valuing them with that mindset.

Dealers are pricing them at MSRP with 10k-ish miles. If you want to get one of these at a fair market price of what you would expect in a similar situation without the gouging, we're going to have to wait a little longer. Once the dealers sit on them for a few months and realize people are done paying stupid prices, they will ship them to auction. Once we get to that phase then prices will start to drop at what we would typically expect them to. I would say after the first of the year or in to spring their will be a decent dip.