2017 Supercab Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gunnersguru

Reaction score
+1 check tire psi and balance . look at the road , is it smooth = little cracks bumps . I think the ride is soft spongy and a little crack / bump it moves the truck. yes I have a scab . is this your first lifted truck ? not knocking but its a truck .

OP
OP
T

Tourbill0n

Reaction score
Here is an update. I took it to another tire shop that has an Elite road force balancer. They checked all 4 tires and found 2 of them needed to be rebalanced and one of which where the tire needed to be twisted on the rim to line up the weight property. I always assumed the tires would come perfectly balanced from the factory, apparently not...

Afterwards, it did help quite a bit with the highway speed vibration, but didn't completely eliminate it. I later saw the tire shop aired the tires up to 44psi so I lowered it back down to 38psi and the ride once again became a little smoother.

Earlier this morning, I had about 200-300 lbs worth of cargo in the truck bed and was driving the same route on the highway as I normally do when I feel the vibration/bounciness the most. Low and behold, the ride was almost night and day smoother. Figures, since trucks are generally smoother with more weight in the bed.

So I decided to pick up four 50lb play sand bags from Home depot and left them in the bed. So far, it seems to help quite a bit. I think I'll leave them back for a while and see how it goes.

As a point of reference when it comes to ride quality, I did have a 2013 Ram1500 Longhorn with the air suspension for a few years, so I guess I was used to something a little smoother.

As funny as it may look, these sand bags do help quite a bit!

Attachments

• IMG_1973.jpg
    IMG_1973.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 34

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I've always had the expansion joint bounce in my GEN 1 SCAB. Weight seemed to be the only thing that helped. As for the RAM, those are probably the nicest road riding trucks with or without air. The linked suspension with coils makes for a great ride.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had about 200-300 lbs worth of cargo in the truck bed and was driving the same route on the highway as I normally do when I feel the vibration/bounciness the most. Low and behold, the ride was almost night and day smoother.

Not surprised. I think the problem is part offset shocks and part aluminum bed being too light.