2017 Raptor Color Options (From Ford Dealer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm kind of an idiot. I totally forgot I took this picture at SEMA. I know it doesn't matter much now because we've seen so much of the truck, but a few months ago, pics like this would have been kind of nice. Good thing I'm smart and only snapped one pic of the truck.... I wasn't AS IN to the new Raptor a while ago because there was little information about it. And there was so much crap going on in the Ford area that my head was literally spinning. But, FWIW:

lWiqKLA.jpg

Is that the liquid blue Raptor? The 1st one revealed? It's interesting because that one doesn't have painted door handles.

I saw these pics on FB earlier today, wasn't sure if they were posted yet. Guy was from Dearborn and said he saw it and talked to the guys driving it were ford engineers but wouldn't say much other than it's way faster than the outgoing (his words not making it up). They wouldn't divulge any other info though.

It's interesting I read the Raptor would have black style headlamps, but these are really blacked out. I'm really digging it, but not sure if it's just a prototype version. The ambers on the fenders are either blacked out, or just blank plates on the test truck. The roof appears to have 2 things in the rain channels too, I assume measuring something while they flog it around. Hopefully they used some cheap plastic on the grille that they forgot the UV prohibitor in because that faded gray plastic looks like a 2000 Toyota Rav 4 bumper all faded lol. The rest of the truck looks gorgeous in black!

Attachments

• FB01.jpg
    FB01.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 1,780
  • FB02.jpg
    FB02.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 595

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is that the liquid blue Raptor? The 1st one revealed? It's interesting because that one doesn't have painted door handles.

I saw these pics on FB earlier today, wasn't sure if they were posted yet. Guy was from Dearborn and said he saw it and talked to the guys driving it were ford engineers but wouldn't say much other than it's way faster than the outgoing (his words not making it up). They wouldn't divulge any other info though.

It's interesting I read the Raptor would have black style headlamps, but these are really blacked out. I'm really digging it, but not sure if it's just a prototype version. The ambers on the fenders are either blacked out, or just blank plates on the test truck. The roof appears to have 2 things in the rain channels too, I assume measuring something while they flog it around. Hopefully they used some cheap plastic on the grille that they forgot the UV prohibitor in because that faded gray plastic looks like a 2000 Toyota Rav 4 bumper all faded lol. The rest of the truck looks gorgeous in black!

No white strip under grill so that can be put to rest.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That headlight on the black test truck looks like a whole new type of headlight. Doesn't have the halogen bucket of the standard 15 headlights and it doesn't have the square in it for the LED ones. Almost looks like a projector that you would see with HID's.

OP
OP
RaptorCoastie

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Hopefully they used some cheap plastic on the grille that they forgot the UV prohibitor in because that faded gray plastic looks like a 2000 Toyota Rav 4 bumper all faded lol. The rest of the truck looks gorgeous in black!

Yeah, those headlights look a lot darker than others I've seen. Older, newer? Pre-pre-production model? But I read the same thing you were talking about. I like the baked look, so I want to see the final product.

Also, all black 2017's out there so far have that little trim piece below the lower part of the grille painted a white/light grey color. Maybe something they were test fitting. But all other colors have it painted to match the body color. (*Scratching head*) But I see this black one has that trim piece painted body color. And excluding the grille being a different color, the truck reminds me of the earlier versions where they were test fitting the new grille before "finalizing" it. I thought they were all done with that part. Maybe these pics are just now coming out, but were taken a bit ago?

Also, those front marker lights in the fenders look like black caps, but the Ford shoot pictures all have them lit up or you can clearly see that it is a light. Again, leading me believe this was an earlier prototype truck and the pictures were taken a bit ago. Idk.

---------- Post added at 01:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Waiting for the 2017 Ford Raptor "Stealth Package" lol.

---------- Post added at 02:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

Liquid Blue show color. Not Lightning Blue.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That headlight on the black test truck looks like a whole new type of headlight. Doesn't have the halogen bucket of the standard 15 headlights and it doesn't have the square in it for the LED ones. Almost looks like a projector that you would see with HID's.

My buddy was saying the same thing that the lights inside the housing looked different, not halogen buckets but not square LEDs. Maybe a prototype version with an even brighter HID for better lighting when offroading or something if it was better than an LED? Who knows.

Pretty sure it's an early prototype though. I doubt at this point Ford is still building newer prototypes that have that many non-conforming parts to the ones that have been at the auto shows. I'm sure their earlier pre-production prototypes are still getting flogged and beaten around to get as much data on them as possible, vs just constantly building new ones and barely getting use out of them before popping to another one. The mention of the early grille testing makes sense on why this one looks so faded lol. Probably rapid prototyping just to get the look/fit. Still interesting to see the truck though.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The biggest issue is going to be lack of room behind the grille for LED bars. In addition to make it a harder installation, the grille shutters get in the way. Largest light I've seen behind the grille is a 20" bar. Any larger and you'll have to remove some of the grille shutters, which I don't think Raptor guys will mind.

Also, the lower grille opening is narrower so a 20" light bar will have to be mounted behind the grille. Also, you can't simply move the license plate to the bumperette because the ACC sensor is located behind that plastic.

20" in Lower Grille on 2015:
80-2015_03_17_21_13_33_526d8e3df3aca499124e9857b3ff079092600d99.jpg

_23_00_18_ab3c35cb6ff3f285404f0288cc6aca800653727f.jpg

Radar Sensor:
screenshot_zpsjhnvrdml.png

Radar Sensor workaround:
80-image_c6c75c842bf94213b3a4bea98e5e01b727ba4161.jpg

20" mounted behind grille:
0228150759_zps5jds2a9s.jpg
0228151534c-1_zpsxxtgenlw.jpg
0227152228a_zpskbb1inbj.jpg

Then again, we also don't know the cooling requirements of the High Output 3.5L so intercoolers make take up even more space behind the grille and lower bumper.
So I guess the grill doesn't lift with the hood anymore?

Yukon Joe :baby: :baby:
Delta Lead
www.runraptorrun.com

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
posted this on another topic line

the grey is really plain not really interesting at all; but I guess that s for all the individual buyers here is a pic I took at philly car show

Attachments

• IMG_5593.jpg
    IMG_5593.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 389
  • IMG_5600.jpg
    IMG_5600.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 834

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the interior thing is funky not sure about that; now someone posted that Focus Rs in grey the Raptor is not that dark grey very light. Best description I can make is that it looks like new concrete! just shinny I wish I took pic of the mustang GT orange my kids liked that color and it was very cool.