2017 Raptor Color Options (From Ford Dealer)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll upload the pics I took from the philly show a little later. Guess the color is a love it or hate it, but personally I liked it from the pics, and after seeing it in person, I like it even more! It's non-metallic, so it has a much deeper wet look to the paint than my metallic blue flame. I'm OCD with detailing, so a wet looking paint is a huge bonus factor.

Picked up on some other differences in person vs the pics, I'll post the detail pics later. Few things I'll mention now, the running boards say raptor in them, never noticed it before in the pics. The tailgate handle is electronic, you push a button and it lowers, kind of like the explorer rear hatch. The fender flares don't appear to protrude as much as the gen 1 flares. The tailpipes are HUGE, they've gotta be 4" or 4.5" diameter. The bed had built in LED lighting which is really nice. The wheels look 1000x's better in person. Don't LOVE them, but don't hate them like the pics. The pics look like cheap stamped steel wheels. In person they look a lot nicer. The shocks are frigging massive. The interior had orange accents, not sure if that's the premium package, if it is, I'm a little disappointed, it's nice, but didn't seem as accented as my '12 with the blue accent interior, it seemed a little plain.

Overall, I'm going to have a REALLY hard time holding off till '18 or '19 to get one lol

Mjr372

Reaction score
nice pictures and info but like you said the gen 2 don't look as wide as the gen 1.

Chris's FX4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That headlight on the black test truck looks like a whole new type of headlight. Doesn't have the halogen bucket of the standard 15 headlights and it doesn't have the square in it for the LED ones. Almost looks like a projector that you would see with HID's.

My buddy was saying the same thing that the lights inside the housing looked different, not halogen buckets but not square LEDs. Maybe a prototype version with an even brighter HID for better lighting when offroading or something if it was better than an LED? Who knows.

Pretty sure it's an early prototype though. I doubt at this point Ford is still building newer prototypes that have that many non-conforming parts to the ones that have been at the auto shows. I'm sure their earlier pre-production prototypes are still getting flogged and beaten around to get as much data on them as possible, vs just constantly building new ones and barely getting use out of them before popping to another one. The mention of the early grille testing makes sense on why this one looks so faded lol. Probably rapid prototyping just to get the look/fit. Still interesting to see the truck though.

Guess we know what that "other" style of headlight was for now. Looks like its for the trucks going to China.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordmedia/fna/us/en/news/2016/04/22/f150-raptor-supercrew-china.html

Raptor02_FINAL.jpg