2017 M&R Ford Raptor Fog Kit Prototype

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
I use my Raptor almost exclusively on gravel roads, some with large uncrushed rock, so I am wondering how protected the lights will be from the backside where the tires will be throwing rocks against the rear of the lights/brackets/wiring. Is there any protection on the backside?

Now hang with me cause I don't have my truck yet... but isn't there a wheel well liner in between the light and wheel??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fishrmunn

Reaction score
Now hang with me cause I don't have my truck yet... but isn't there a wheel well liner in between the light and wheel??

I have not received my gen 2 yet either, but I know on the gen 1 there was no protection for the fog pocket opening. From the pictures I have seen of the gen 2 though you can see the tires looking right through the opening from the front.

OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I use my Raptor almost exclusively on gravel roads, some with large uncrushed rock, so I am wondering how protected the lights will be from the backside where the tires will be throwing rocks against the rear of the lights/brackets/wiring. Is there any protection on the backside?

Its the same similar to our Gen1 Design and there have never been any issues. Im assuming the rear of the fender gets more debree than the front

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Shouldn't it be throwing rocks backwards? That is unless you are hauling ass in reverse more than drive!

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have something for you guys this weekend

I was giving this some thought and this is what I'm thinking might work well for me, but I am new to lighting. There are five lights on each side, so I was thinking about making two out of the five lights amber flood lights and putting them on each side (the outermost lights). Immediately inside from the two amber floods I was thinking about putting white spot lights and making the middle light a white flood. In essence, going from the outside inward, I would have an amber flood, white spot, white flood, white spot, and amber flood. Not sure if it is possible, but I was going to hook all of the flood lights (each side of the truck would have two amber and one white) up to a single switch and put the four spot lights (two on each side) on another switch. With the flood lights directed towards the ground, I was hoping I could use those as fog lights while driving and have the spot lights, which are on a second switch, for offroad conditions. Thoughts?

Last edited:

sea2jet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I too would like to know the best arrangement. I was thinking a combination of cornering lights, fogs and spots. Just don't know how they should be placed and the best combination for off-roading.

OP
OP
MandR Automotive

MandR Automotive

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys we are taking orders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here are some pics from final fitting today. Will have night shots for you guys soon

IMG_5947_zpsyklfn1zt.jpg
IMG_5944_zpsw5btjykp.jpg
IMG_5961_zpscusqgps7.jpg
IMG_5967_zpsjsuzxrat.jpg
IMG_5975_zps8qdcj3n1.jpg
IMG_5987_zpsww3ynsph.jpg
IMG_3465_zps7tnumnpw.jpg
IMG_3464_zpsaov4a9z5.jpg
IMG_3466_zpsz6b1xhd4.jpg