2017 Gen-2 Raptor Oil Question / Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jorge

Reaction score
I have a question that I know you guys can help me with. I realized when I did my oil change recently at the dealer that they put in 10W-30 oil instead of the 5W-30 Synthetic-Blend they put in other times. I'm a little upset about the switch, they should have told me. My question is that on the next oil change, I do them every 5,000 miles, if I ask them to use the 5w-30 Synthetic-Blend will this affect anything in the engine that ran with 10W-30? I have 40,000 on my truck.

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is the very reason that I do my own oil changes. I have had this happen at my local ford store numerous times and they always offered to correct it. Oil changes are done by the lowest paid person in the shop.

COLORAP303

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the very reason that I do my own oil changes. I have had this happen at my local ford store numerous times and they always offered to correct it. Oil changes are done by the lowest paid person in the shop.
It’s cheaper, you do it once and you can do it in 15 minutes and you can prefill your filter which you know the dealer doesn’t do.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
No issues whatsoever, but how do you know for sure they put the "wrong" oil in? Remember that there is no "technical" prerequisite to being a service writer, so most of these folks have zero clue what they're talking about. DIY this - it's a Raptor which means you don't need a jack or jackstands. And if you install a nifty drain valve next time around, it's even less than 10 minutes.