2017 shock rebuild question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gpaint6

gpaint6

Reaction score
leaking oil means they are blown. but being a consummable item, there are several factors that come into play. i see your truck is dirty. offroading definitely diminishes the life of the shock. and hard hits can cause them to blow and leak. only you can determine if what you did caused it, or if it was a defect in the rebuild
I honestly have never been 4wheeling in this truck at all. Other than the fact I live on a ****** dirt road

mprice1234

SVT Gen 1 Rules
Reaction score
Good chance that if and I do mean if, the dealer did do a rebuild on the shocks that they didn't do the job right. They should never be leaking oil if they were done right and haven't been driven offroad hard.

TomDirt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Rebuilding Fox shocks (when some parts were backordered forever) may have forced them to re-use the seals if new ones weren't available. It's shi tty and dishonest, and you might not find out right away, but this is 2023 and a lot of people just don't care anymore.