2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How did the avalanche look in person?

I'm not certain it was avalanche, I thought it was Oxford White. If it was indeed Avalanche, it looks darn white to me, especially in person.

My biggest surprise was how menacing it looked and how really differentiated from a regular F150 it was in person. Also, I don't have a Gen 1 to compare, but the under body protection was very substantial looking and feeling. It wasn't thin or cheaply made. If you look at what I assume is the oil access cover, you get a feel for the gauge of steel used as you can see the edges on that access plate.

Last edited:

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My biggest surprise was how menacing it looked and how really differentiated from a regular F150 it was in person.

Don't you mean how plain it looks and that it's barely distinguishable from a regular F-150?

@ZaneMasterX thanks for the pics from the factory. I know everyone keeps saying it's not going to be limited, but why the limited dealer allocations? I know a lot of Raptors were made in 13 and 14, but small compared to the overall number of F-150s. I really don't see this one exceeding that percentage much, if at all.

Also cool to get a glimpse of one next to a regular F-150. Finally start to get a feel for the scale of it.

A_Train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't you mean how plain it looks and that it's barely distinguishable from a regular F-150?

@ZaneMasterX thanks for the pics from the factory. I know everyone keeps saying it's not going to be limited, but why the limited dealer allocations? I know a lot of Raptors were made in 13 and 14, but small compared to the overall number of F-150s. I really don't see this one exceeding that percentage much, if at all.

Also cool to get a glimpse of one next to a regular F-150. Finally start to get a feel for the scale of it.

I'd have to agree with your thought about it being limited. I have to imagine that I'd have no problem going into a low volume dealership and ordering a 2017 Platinum with little worry of the order not being filled. I can't say the same for the a 2017 Raptor. I could be completely wrong but that's how I fee based on all I've read on the forum.