2017 Ford Raptor: High Resolution Photos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
What about the toolbox from the chevy commercials? Can I throw that at you?

How will you throw a commercial at me? :specialed:

Either way, I broke your wrist shaking your hand - limp wrist can't throw far. :supergay:

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 doesn't have the menacing size stance to it like gen 1 did IMO. I love how gen 2 looks still though. Has that shark nose look like the mustangs, but the whole truck just appears squished to me.

Great feedback. Thanks.

That has been a concern of mine but it wasn't enough to keep me from selling mine and ordering a Gen 2. I wonder if it was in part because of the color? The dimensions according to FP are identical to Gen 1s. My main thing was that it looked short in some pics so glad to hear it has some height to it.

At the end of the day if I really don't like it I just won't buy it and get a superduty.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 2 doesn't have the menacing size stance to it like gen 1 did IMO. I love how gen 2 looks still though. Has that shark nose look like the mustangs, but the whole truck just appears squished to me.

Agree with this... Gen1's definitely look more menacing and aggressive overall. I would be curious how this design evolves over the next few years... thanks for sharing Chris!

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with this... Gen1's definitely look more menacing and aggressive overall. I would be curious how this design evolves over the next few years... thanks for sharing Chris!

Have you seen a 17 in person? I keep looking for one but I guess I'm in an area where they just don't do a lot testing

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you seen a 17 in person? I keep looking for one but I guess I'm in an area where they just don't do a lot testing

Saw one at the Philly Auto Show earlier this year. Don't get me wrong, it looks great. In terms of sheer mass and attitude, the Gen1's standout a bit more in my opinion. Having said that there seems to be a quite a gap between a Gen1 Raptor and it's same year F150 (in terms of size and design). I think that gap is quite a bit smaller with the 2017 Raptor and 2017 F150. Again, just my observation and opinion only. I can't wait to get my Gen2 regardless!

Over the summer during a trip to NYC with my family, I saw a black Gen1 raptor pull up on a street corner. One of the guys near me on the street didn't know what the Raptor was but said something like this to his buddy.."geez, i wouldn't want to get in front of that thing..." <-- I seem to hear these types of statements quite often with Gen1 Raptors. I'm sure we'll hear them too with Gen2's but at first glance, their stance isn't has big or menacing as the Gen1 (to my eyes so far).... nevertheless, the Gen2 Raptor looks great!

_M_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@solsurfr cool. I didn't make it to any car shows this year.

I agree in pics it doesn't quite match up, but I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong but the dimensions are identical between Raptors. Gen 1's were 7" wider than stock and Gen 2's are 6" wider than stock as the aluminum f150s are 1" wider than previous Gen.

Either way, I'm like you and I'm sure I'll love it

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@solsurfr cool. I didn't make it to any car shows this year.

I agree in pics it doesn't quite match up, but I think, and someone correct me if I'm wrong but the dimensions are identical between Raptors. Gen 1's were 7" wider than stock and Gen 2's are 6" wider than stock as the aluminum f150s are 1" wider than previous Gen.

Either way, I'm like you and I'm sure I'll love it

I think you're right. Gen2's are about an inch or so narrower than Gen1's from what folks have posted here. Just to my eyes, Gen2's don't have that same physical stature as the Gen1's but not in a bad way. Just different and a little more subtle. I, for one, don't mind it as this truck will already be a pain in the a$$ to park as it is... ha.

kevin85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you're right. Gen2's are about an inch or so narrower than Gen1's from what folks have posted here. Just to my eyes, Gen2's don't have that same physical stature as the Gen1's but not in a bad way. Just different and a little more subtle. I, for one, don't mind it as this truck will already be a pain in the a$$ to park as it is... ha.

Gen2 is the same width as Gen1, Gen2 is 6" wider than the current F150, and Gen1 is 7" wider than the last gen F150. Current gen F150 (2015+) is 1" wider than the last gen F150.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen2 is the same width as Gen1, Gen2 is 6" wider than the current F150, and Gen1 is 7" wider than the last gen F150. Current gen F150 (2015+) is 1" wider than the last gen F150.

thanks for clarifying!