2016 Model Year Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

trogdor007

Reaction score
I hate to add to the new model speculation, but I have reason to believe that Ford will continue the Raptor until at least 2016. I came across an official Ford job posting regarding "the new 2015 model year F-150 and the 2016 model year Raptor new model launch programs." It seems encouraging, but take it with a grain of salt as it is just part of a job description.

integrity

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go AGAIN lol. I was kinda hopin they would hold back a couple years for the new model type...... still, nobody knows for sure..

JDUB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With 3.0's on every corner too, right?!!

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

All kidding aside, I do really hope Ford continues the Raptor. I've got to have a new one when I wear this one out!!!

Jordan@Apollo-Optics

aka <b><font color='darkorange'>LSUstang05</font><
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Why would they discontinue the Raptor? It is making Ford a truck-load of money. They would be stupid to discontinue it just because of a model year change. It will be similar to what they do with the Cobra/GT500. First year will just be the regular F150's like the XL, XLT, Lariat, and King Ranch. Second year will be Platinum, Texas Edition, and SVT Raptor.

bstoner59

does it come in shmedium?
Reaction score
I'm getting a 2014 0r 2015 when they announce the last year. I waited for years and saw too many pics of the Gen 3 Lightning prototype to place that same bet on the Raptor! When they DC the current Raptor it may take more than 1 MY to get the new version. Especially with the new Mustang on the horizon. SVT has their hands full with that bad boy I'm sure.

HoldenTX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes sense.....when they shut down the production line for the current F150 then the Raptor will probably stop too. For 2015 model year I would guess in the Q3 2014 timeframe. So may be one more model year for the Raptor....

Captain Awesome

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Why would they discontinue the Raptor? It is making Ford a truck-load of money. They would be stupid to discontinue it just because of a model year change. It will be similar to what they do with the Cobra/GT500. First year will just be the regular F150's like the XL, XLT, Lariat, and King Ranch. Second year will be Platinum, Texas Edition, and SVT Raptor.

yes probly won't be discontinued just a 1 or 2 year hiatus like they did with the lightning when they went from the 9th to 10th Gen.