2016 [2017*] Raptor test mule spy shots

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marcs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will reserve final judgement until I can inspect one up close and in person. I hope the video is deceiving because this is really not doing it for me.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
when you can hear the birds chirping in the woods while you are offroading your raptor, you may as well sell it and buy a bmw x5

I want to hear the birds fly for their life as they hit the windshield of my truck roaring through the trail.

So som talking points here:

1 This is still a test mule and by no means near the end product.

2. Look at the grill, it's flat on the bottom compared to the new Raptors dip in the valance. Look at any 2nd gen Raptor pics and you'll see it's not flat like the previous gen Raptor or the new F-150. This is new Raptoe chassis/frame and suspension testing.

3 The 13 and 14 Raptor are very capable rock crawlers so this is very relevant testing. It's clearly new F-150 body to keep final product hidden.

4 You know we ain't gonna get no video of it ripping through Barstow or Baja come on all in good time.

5 Those turbos you can hear spooling as it crests the hill and the exhaust note was pitiful so hopefully that's test mule shit too.

2 it sounded like those turbos were spoiling trying to get over the crest of that hill

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After seeing the 2017, I am sooooo happy I got my 2014. It was one of the last SE Raptors in Florida.

Trick.Raptor

The Cracker Raptor
Reaction score
4 You know we ain't gonna get no video of it ripping through Barstow or Baja come on all in good time.

Two years before the Raptor came out Ford had video of Raptor prototypes doing what it was designed for...

I would have been more impressed seeing a '17 prototype running the same area instead of in the woods.

Last edited:

Lug

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Two years before the Raptor came out Ford had video of Raptor prototypes doing what was designed for...

I would have been more impressed seeing a '17 prototype running the same area instead of the woods.

I still don't think I can go down to a 6 cylinder no matter how much power it has ...............