GEN 2 2014 Tundra 1794 w/TRD SP or 2019 Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Are these truck the same money? In 5 years I wonder how much that 10 year old Toyota, with a supercharger, will be worth, compared to a Raptor.

ademarco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never had a desire for a Tundra and own a Raptor. Buy the 19 or 20 Raptor and attend the Raptor Assault course in Utah.

The only Toyota I’d get is a Landcruiser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NewRaptOwnr

Reaction score
Which would you choose?

2014 Tundra 1794 edition Screw w/:
TRD Supercharger
TRD coils and shocks
Dual TRD exhaust
TRD sway bar
TRD big brake kit
White
Less than 20,000 miles

OR
New 2019 Raptor PB Screw
All bells and whistles minus graphics and blue interior

DDP

Hard to make sense out of this. Why are you comparing a 2014 Tundra 1794 ed with a "2019" Raptor?

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Toyota isn't in the same league as a Raptor, not even close. Don't know why anyone would ever think this was even a legit choice, it's so one sided.

You could even reverse the situation, a 2014 Raptor is equally preferable over a brand new Toyota, and would be a superior 4 wheel drive vehicle in every way over the tundra.

Chilidog

Reaction score
I looked at a 19 TRD Pro. It was boring and uncomfortable. No comparison to my 18 Raptor.

bigskyRaptor

Reaction score
I just traded in my 18 Tundra limited for my 19 Raptor. Two very different trucks and in my opinion, not close. Raptor all day. This will change some if the Raptor proves unreliable, but so far so good. MUCH more fun to drive, better equipped, blast off road, better interior, killer looks. Just a really fun vehicle. Perfect daily...

Gen2Vmax

Reaction score
I owned a 2012 Tundra TRD Rock Warrior. It did not have the supercharger or the other addons. With that said, I would still pick the Raptor even if it did. Sure you are going to net more HP/Torque but the rest of the truck can't compete IMO. The Tundra was a great truck but it is in need of a serious update. It would feel very dated when compared to a gen 2 Raptor. That's my opinion at least.

Cuzin Eddie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be honest! I miss my Supercharged Tundra a lot! Yeah, it didn’t have all the bells and whistles but it was a solid truck. It was a 2014 with 75k miles on it, I sold it for $41.5k and the guy shipped it from Utah To New Hampshire. But...I really like my Raptor!!!

MicsRaptor

Reaction score
I also owned a Toyota Tundra TRDPro and got rid of it for my Raptor. Far more happy with the Raptor, than I was with the Tundra. Aside from the towing, no regrets!

CE3E6F35-D583-49C6-9DED-78DCA4FA69D9.jpeg

Richard Hinsley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I looked at Toyota's but they looked like old man trucks and no where near the Raptor as far as performance. Plus I dont tow very often and dont plan to.