2014 Ruby Red SCAB - Is it that rare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Carrera85

Reaction score
Trying to find a 2014 Ruby Red Special Edition SCAB. Super hard to find one. Found a thread that said only 246 were produced. If true, should be one to hold on to. Last of the 6.2L and very few made. Thoughts? What might one with less than 50k miles be worth today?

John813

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It may hold it's value a bit more than other SCABs, due to the rarity, but IMO not hat much more. It'll still be years before these would be considered collectible.

Right now, most truck buyers want a screw, which is why the values for the SCABs are always a bit lower.

But yea, they are hard to find, but when I see some, they come in waves. Two were for sale back to back in FL then after that nothing for months on end.

In SFL I saw a few under 50k miles for the high 30ks asking price.

Last edited:

allinon72

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think that particular color is any more desirable than the others, so I doubt there is a premium on it. In fact I see ruby red trucks priced a little lower usually.

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trying to find a 2014 Ruby Red Special Edition SCAB. Super hard to find one. Found a thread that said only 246 were produced. If true, should be one to hold on to. Last of the 6.2L and very few made. Thoughts? What might one with less than 50k miles be worth today?

Probably hard to find because you have less storage area and less towing capability. I'm not sure I've ever understood the interest in a SCAB...

D

Deleted member 12951

Probably hard to find because you have less storage area and less towing capability. I'm not sure I've ever understood the interest in a SCAB...

Shorter wheelbase, better for off-road and handles better. Tighter turns and lighter. My next raptor might be a SCAB but the extra 10 gallon tank is helpful in the SCREW

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you actually use it for what it’s built for, off-roading then the Scab is better in every measurable way.

Is that what it's was built for? I guess I was was under the impression that it was built to generate profit for a Detroit, MI based vehicle manufacturer called the Ford Motor Company.

MrFord626

Reaction score
Is that what it's was built for? I guess I was was under the impression that it was built to generate profit for a Detroit, MI based vehicle manufacturing company call the Ford Motor Company.

That statement is like saying a gun is only good for killing.
It’s a purpose built off-road truck. I think you’re thinking a tad too deeply about it.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It's an F150 with a mild factory mid-travel suspension setup. It's not a trophy truck. THAT is a purpose built off-road truck.

If it was truly a purpose built off-road truck, I'd question why are there a dozen upgrades from gusseted knuckles, to alignment lock out bolts, to ABS/wheel speed rock shields, air bumps stops, etc needed to actually make them off-road worthy? If it were pupose built ot go off road, it'd have all that. The owners have found out that those things are needed if you really off road these trucks hard. So no, they are NOT even close to a purpose built off road truck.