2014 Ruby Red SCAB - Is it that rare?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

banzai

Reaction score
I too bought a SCAB because I liked the more compact looks of it. Just like the difference btw the long bed / short bed configurations of previous generation pickups.

As far as the future collectability of a 2014 Ruby Red SE SCAB, The SE is really just a cosmetic package applied to a last year 1st Gen Raptor. (both SCAB and SCREW trucks) The package is bound to make it a little more unique and have an appeal to certain people. Just like the V-8 engine will. From here, the SCAB / SCREW preference will be a personal one, just like it is now. Which one will ultimately be considered more desirable is yet to be decided. But if history is any indicator, I'd have to place my bet on the SCAB.

Back in the day, the long beds and 4 door vehicles were considered more practical and better value then their short bed and 2 door siblings.Today its reversed. The vehicles are no longer used like when they were new and the short bed versions are generally considered more sporty and desirable, just like 2 door cars.

Rappedtor

Reaction score
Going back to OP, so far it seems like the 14 special edition ruby red scab is indeed rare.

Im purchasing mine is the next few hours. I had looked quite a long time and am pulling the trigger.

At first I was interested in the SCREW to maintain higher value, but at the end of the day I realized that
a truck of this caliber should be EXACTLY WHAT YOU PERSONALLY WANT. Thats why I went for the SCAB.
Plus that 801 interior is hot!

MrFord626

Reaction score
Going back to OP, so far it seems like the 14 special edition ruby red scab is indeed rare.

Im purchasing mine is the next few hours. I had looked quite a long time and am pulling the trigger.

At first I was interested in the SCREW to maintain higher value, but at the end of the day I realized that
a truck of this caliber should be EXACTLY WHAT YOU PERSONALLY WANT. Thats why I went for the SCAB.
Plus that 801 interior is hot!
Good luck with your 14 RR Scab! I love mine, it's been a great truck so far.

J. Wolfe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Since I purchased RR Scab that was built on 8/11/14 in October 2014, I have seen exactly one other RR Scab in person. I wouldn't trade this truck for any stock Screw made, its exactly what I wanted and it hasn't disappointed in anyway. And I also really do like the "lipstick red" as someone called it, better than any color made, but that's my humble opinion. That other RR Scab I saw was from the Chicago area, I pulled him off the sand after he pile drove the skid plate up into the fans, which broke all the blades off and ruined the radiator.....You might want to check into that since there aren't too many of these trucks around. Good Luck!

Last edited:

Swacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you take your truck offroad you would. Any off roader knows shorter wheelbase is better for turning radius, easier to park, fits in your garage.

LOL If you have problems parking, thats on you, not the truck. And my raptor fits in my garage just fine.