2014 Raptor Starting Problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had my raptor to the dealer (including now as a drop off) 4 times because It will not start without a jump. Battery and everything has checked out good every time. It usually happens when it has sat for 2 days or so or when cold. Yesterday I drove about 50 miles and parked. Came out of the store and I had to get a jump. It is at the dealer now and I have a loaner vehicle. They said it could take 1 day to 3 weeks to get it back. Has anyone else had this problem ? If so what was the correction for it ?

OP
OP
S

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did they try replacing the battery with a new one?

Yes, they replaced the battery the first time I had it in even though it checked good. Charging system is good, starter etc all check good. I dropped it off at the dealer today and they are keeping it for a while. Today makes 4 times that I have had it to the dealer.

---------- Post added at 07:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:17 PM ----------

Did they try replacing the battery with a new one?

Yes, they replaced the battery the first time I had it in even though it checked good. Charging system is good, starter etc all check good. I dropped it off at the dealer today and they are keeping it for a while. Today makes 4 times that I have had it to the dealer.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Something is drawing the battery dead. It shouldn't take them that long to figure it out, 3 weeks??

Desmo_Pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had similar issue a week ago. In shop for three days. Turned out to be faulty fuel pump relay and fuse.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
@FordService can surely help get the regional rep involved... maybe that rep will have some better info for your dealer.

FordService

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have had my raptor to the dealer (including now as a drop off) 4 times because It will not start without a jump. Battery and everything has checked out good every time. It usually happens when it has sat for 2 days or so or when cold. Yesterday I drove about 50 miles and parked. Came out of the store and I had to get a jump. It is at the dealer now and I have a loaner vehicle. They said it could take 1 day to 3 weeks to get it back. Has anyone else had this problem ? If so what was the correction for it ?

I'll get this on the radar of your regional customer service manager, sully; I know they'll want to do all they can to help. PM me your full name, best daytime phone number, VIN, current mileage, and servicing dealership. Leave the rest to me.

Crystal

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
couple things to check. may or may not help you.

we get people in my shop all the time for battery issues. most dealerships check voltage on a battery but not load. a load test on a battery will telly you the real story on the battery. a voltage test can lie to you. however since the battery has been replaced, im going to say that this wont help you.

the other is the alternator. you should ask them first, what the voltage is at idle. then ask them what the amperage is. and finally ask what the amperage is at 2000rpm. i have come to the realization that most dealers and mechanics do not test in depth enough. and thats the reason why we get so many people in here asking about it saying their mechanic/dealer couldnt find the problem. another thing to check would be the voltage regulator. now im not sure how this is integrated into the truck, but every vehicle has it, maybe in different places, but a bad rectifier could also be a problem

OP
OP
S

sully

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supposedly they did this and all was good. I wish the truck would come with a voltage gauge .... oh well .... I even had it checked at a other mechanic's shop....