2014 94k Mile SCREW for $35k...Buy or No?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MFNG

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taxes and fees and all would be roughly 3k. I agree with you on the 32k truck alone being good. I wouldn’t trust these guys to do right on the brakes and tune up and would want to just take it to my guy.

After this back and forth I guess that I’m just nitpicking trying to get these fixes in before the purchase. Thanks for the advice @Buzzard2!

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I understand its a big purchase and you want it to be right. If your mechanic checked it out and gave it a clean bill of health I think your in it at a price that is more than fair.

Buzzard2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep me posted on what you decide. Mine is Oxford white as well.
Just added the Fox 3.0 adjustable shocks all the way around. My 18 is for taking out of town as it gets great mileage and the Twin Turbos with the 10 speed tranny makes it great for two lane highways!!

12 Rap.JPG

18.jpg

prowakeskater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good deal. I bought my 150k mile 13 screw fully loaded for 26 before fees/tax (registering in SD to avoid CA insanity)

mine needs shocks and was in rougher condition than most but the drivetrain is perfect.

Icecobra

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That truck top dollar around here is 24k to 26k . It's not worth more than a platinum f150 and 100k miles there are a lot of parts of the truck that are spent and will need repair or replacement.

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO,sounds a little high with all the miles and repairs needed,since nothing is cheap on these and your going to drop close to $5K by time your done with brakes,shocks,tires...so just be aware of that...doubt your going to get it back to 100% for $2K...
There are some killer deals out there if you have the time and look...picked up my 2014 Gen 1 Shelby with 50K on it in Jan. MINT,MINT,MINT condition,EVERY Option offered,never off road and owner just put on new set of $1500 tires...for $45K...never even drove it (just a PPI inspection and owners word,and NO dealer stress..lol)...when I picked it up from the Transporter out on highway I thought they had brought me a new truck...With that said....you also need to figure in your time and sanity...what are they worth,cause we all know dealers can drive you crazy...sounds like the biggest factor for you is its EXACTLY what you want.Hard choice..mostly because for me,if a dealer plays hard ball like that and has an attitude,wont budge or throw a little something in to sweeten the deal,I walk....they dont have the last Gen 1 Raptor on Earth...
Good luck whichever way you go...your gonna LOVE IT...!

PNW Raptor

Reaction score
It's not terrible, but I'd hold out for a better deal. You're going to spend another 3-5k when you're all said and done bringing it up to *****, then you've paid 38-40k! I think you could get one closer to 30-31 OTD and save the extra money for repairs.

I was in a similar boat to you and bought a 2011 SCREW in December with 93k miles on it for 30k OTD. It needed brake pads and rotors on all four corners immediately (had the dealer I bought from do repair as part of purchase price). Since then I have replaced shocks with a rebuilt set, new BFG tires, replaced spark plugs and wires, replaced serpentine belt and tensioner, transmission flush, front and rear diff fluids changed, transfer case fluid changed. Some things I've done myself, others at the dealer, but I've easily spent $2500-3000. I would plan on doing at least all of the above to whatever Raptor you get with around 100k miles. This would bring my truck to around 33k including repairs needed and it has the same miles as the one you're considering and is in great cosmetic shape. I don't think having a 14 would be worth 5-7k more to me.

I looked at a ton of trucks before I found mine and by holding out I was able to find a one owner vehicle also. I'd be a bit scared of a four owner Raptor!

Good luck either way, Raptor's are awesome trucks! Take that F-150 sticker off the front fender if you get it and put some decent tires back on it, one of those 4 owners was wrong for putting those Firestone's on there! hahaha

Joe Knox

Reaction score
I just bought a 2014 loaded with ARE camper top and 58k miles tires and brakes are all at 90% for 36,500 . The thing with a raptor is that they are the best money spent for a truck, hold their value better than anything else. I bought my son a new 2012 for graduation and it is flawless to this day.

Reaction score
if it's local to you then maybe not so bad. if you're willing to look elsewhere there's actually a pretty sweet setup in red near me, less than 70k mi if i remember, nicely optioned out, very clean and asking is $39. marietta auto sales if you're curious.