2013 knocking from steering column

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

powercreator

Reaction score
Just got back from Glamis and was going thru small whoops (slow speed)on the way to olds. Started to hear and feel a knocking sound in the steering column truck drives straight no steering problems, but knocking sound can be heard when going over small bumps even on the highway. Ideas?

2013 Raptor

DZRT1134RAt

Reaction score
Only 400miles! Lets see what dealer says Monday.

Any word yet? My 2011 has a clunk in the steering wheel turning from lock to lock. You can grab a hold of the steering column through the wheel well behind driver tire and move it back and forth several inches. Dropped it off at the dealer today instantly they said due to the top perch adjustment Ford voids warranty.

Spider-One

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My g/f's 2011 had this. Turned out the bolt on the u-joint for the steering shaft (correct term??) was loose. Once I noticed that (after the dealer looked and said they didn't have time to figure it out before we left) it was as simple as getting the socket and tightening the bolt.