2013 Fall Chicagoland Meet and Greet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Should yes, will they... not sure. Steering rack had been making some noise too. Hopefully not as bad as it sounded earlier.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should yes, will they... not sure. Steering rack had been making some noise too. Hopefully not as bad as it sounded earlier.

Stock suspension or aftermarket shocks Mark? Did you see the tie rod, was it bent or visually damaged?

Be sure to keep us updated and we still hope to see ya, keep in mnd you don't have to bring your Raptor....

IRONMAN

Reaction score
I will be at the meet-n-greet on Saturday. My wife plans to go with me, however, she is wondering if she will be the only chick. Any other wives/girl friends going to be there? Female "SnoBall I" experience would be a plus! :)

My sister will be there as well, she was there last year.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Stock suspension or aftermarket shocks Mark? Did you see the tie rod, was it bent or visually damaged?

Be sure to keep us updated and we still hope to see ya, keep in mnd you don't have to bring your Raptor....

Stock suspension... for now. Funny part was I hadn't noticed anything when I checked it out before. Of course it was dark and admittedly wasn't a thorough inspection on my part since I knew it was going in anyway. Tires needed rotated and rebalanced since I shaved the fronts down a bit by compressing the suspension just a bit, lol.

Raptor is like an American Express card... can't leave home without it. Might no more today since they have it in a service bay as of about 2 hours ago.

fingermalone

Reaction score
Feels like Christmas today. Got my radio today from Jason Kanakry. Got my light cannons and mounting brackets from Jim misiorowski (Alternative Offroad). Now this newb needs to figure out how to install the lights.

image-2606381919.jpg

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The lights are easy, the brackets are what kinda suck. I've installed two sets and both caused me to drink, heavily.

Todd's right and its probably not the job to do in the parking lot of ******* either. It's not difficult but it is a two man job and the hood will move, so you have to realign. While the no cut brackets are nice since you dont have to cut the cowl, they also make it harder to realign cause there is not alot a space in there. It's also easy to drop hardware down the hole from hell. The hood bolts strip out easily too, as I found.

We'll show you some pointers on Saturday, congrats on the goodies.

Labraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They should have tie rods in stock!

Yukon Joe
GREAT LAKES RAPTOR EXCURSIONS

Funny story for follow up. Ok, it isn't funny. They said yesterday that my Raptor would be ready today(Friday) because they needed to order the tie rods. I asked them about the steering rack when it went in on Wednesday and again yesterday. Yesterday I was told 2 techs and the service manager had gone through it and the rack was fine. This morning they called and the tech putting the rods on tells them the steering rack is bad. They have to order it and won't have it until next Tuesday. Service manager asked if I wanted to drive it this weekend blown rack and all. Said he couldn't say it was safe but I could have it if I wanted. Instead they brought me a new Lariat screw to drive until mine is fixed.

Wonder how they will like it when that Lariat comes back covered in mud? It is a loaner to take the place of mine testing it out would only be fair. Sorry for the rant. Probably won't make the weekend get together now.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks, but atleast they're ponying up covered parts. Did you find out what was bent? Or such an immediate concern?

Should be there around 1030-11, Doors don't open to 11 so plenty of time to figure out how to watch 2G1C on Todds new GPS. :drink_nl: