2013 dispointments

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slvr35th

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got 13' today, and I was disappointed alittle,first it was ordered like I wanted, they didn't add the interior upgrade. That's the only reason I got blue! Second which is minor stuff, when ya turn the key on the raptor doesn't come on the screen like my 12', just thought it was cool. Also the navi doesn't display a map when on the home screen like the 12'.

Idk if I'm going to buy it because of the interior or not. Just ****** ya off I waited so long for it. There is nothing wrong with the 12' just wanted new, the beadlocks and hid's.

What do you think? Keep it or keep the 12'?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not sure I understand. You are upset because the dealer did not ordered the Blue Accent interior even though you asked for it? It's a 50K truck so why buy it if they screwed up the order?

Personally, the items you listed about the NAV are just silly.

Anyhow, it sounds like you already made up your mind. Keep the 2012 and have the Raptor appear on the NAV to remind yourself that you are driving a Raptor. You can always buy the beadlocks and upgrade to oem HIDs.

So I got 13' today, and I was disappointed alittle,first it was ordered like I wanted, they didn't add the interior upgrade. That's the only reason I got blue! Second which is minor stuff, when ya turn the key on the raptor doesn't come on the screen like my 12', just thought it was cool. Also the navi doesn't display a map when on the home screen like the 12'.

Idk if I'm going to buy it because of the interior or not. Just ****** ya off I waited so long for it. There is nothing wrong with the 12' just wanted new, the beadlocks and hid's.

whtrapta

Ostrich Wrangler
Reaction score
I agree with you completely. Its the little things that all add up for me. I don't like a lot of mercedes because the climate control knobs feel cheap in them.
the reasons you wanted a 2013 can be done to a 12.
Get the retrofit lights, they look better and I can guarantee perform better.
As for beadlock rims, the stock ones arent as great as they were made out to be. Go aftermarket with a +0 offset, it gives the truck a much better look than stock.

svt83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the blue interior as well. If my truck came in without it, I wouldn't have taken it! There is also something about a special order truck that makes it nice to know it was built just for you! Good luck with your decision, but sounds like you still love the 2012!!

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made sure my salesman printed a DORA out for me so i could verify all the shit I ordered on the truck three times. If it doesn't come the way I wanted it there better be a HUGE discount or they can keep it.

Dr_Pain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Short and sweet:

1) Don't buy the truck, even with a substantial discount!
2) Don't buy the truck unless they fix it the way you wanted and ordered it (and if you can live without the Nav. thing, which I agree is silly since it delays boot time and your abilities to use the backup camera)
3) Don't buy the truck and ask them for a few perks (oil change, etc...) for ******** up and wasting your time!

They are more likely going to make MORE money out of ******** you over than they would with your pre-order. They now have an available Raptor on site and will ask a premium (either MSRP or MSRP+) to those who are not willing to wait..... so they can "pay you" for ******** you over. Remind them how long you waited and how long they had your deposit?? Time is money!

If you really want to play hardball, send them a REGISTERED letter telling them that they have x amount of time to rectify your order, or be subject to legal action. A purchase contract is a legally binding agreement, which they obviously failed to fulfill. Once they've accepted your money they are obligated to complete, or be subject to fines and penalties. Any judge will side with you on the fact and will be glad to give you the deposit back and additional moneys to pay for court expenses, time off of work and can even go as far as giving you emotional distress and punitive damages (depending on how the dealership is willing to accommodate you).

You should not be asked to compromised, and should not be required to reset your wait time without just compensation (in the form of a discount on the purchase or in the form of perks like oil changes etc...). Your lost is their gain, trust me and they should not benefit off your back (which they will).

Last edited:

linnwgetin

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The Raptor not showing up on the screen is a factory screw-up or there is something wrong with your MFT. Mine didnt show up either when I got it, and then the MFT froze. After a new radio module and re-programming mine now says Raptor when I turn the key on.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Interesting. I have the most recent updates also I do not see "Raptor". I will have check again.

The Raptor not showing up on the screen is a factory screw-up or there is something wrong with your MFT. Mine didnt show up either when I got it, and then the MFT froze. After a new radio module and re-programming mine now says Raptor when I turn the key on.